•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  /

POST-n-SOLVE COMMENTS

This is the place to post any questions, comments or ideas about the Post-n-Solve section. You can also directly contact Eeva or eek meep

Please no chit-chat.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (287 previous messages)
sassi - 04:23pm Dec 6, 2004 PST(#288 of 1096)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Stevie, it's been suggested that I steer away from anything Canadian and now, its hockey. What I'm curious about is ... what subjects are allowed and what aren't?

I didn't know about lacrose and yet I was able to play Spicy's scavenger hunt.

It's simple. Why should internet search be allowed when there has (now) only been 2 guesses. And I have given hints. It's connected with teams, it's a "first" and it doesn't matter if it's hockey - just reading the question can inspire different answers.

If I wanted a lot of detail with the answer, I would have mentioned that.

Sorry that you feel this way. I suspect you aren't alone and I'm serious, what are acceptable subjects since I've now stumbled onto 2 that aren't "fun" - sports and Canada. :(

Stevie B - 04:49pm Dec 6, 2004 PST(#289 of 1096)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

I would not want to limit anyone about ANY topic. What interests one person is going to be deathly dull for another. Just because I don't follow one topic, doesn't mean it should be stopped for everyone else.

Please don't take my lack of knowledge (and also a limited time to play too many games at once) as an indication of what everyone feels. Just because my understanding of Canadian culture is limited to Mike Myers and Maple trees, should not force you to stop posting questions about Canada.

BTW - the only reason I mentioned internet searches in my previous post was not to try and make you allow them, but it was to explain why I personally was not answering. How a puzzle should be run is down to the individual teaser master concerned - including when internet searches are to be allowed. I guess I did not make that point clear in my last post - sorry!

sassi - 07:47pm Dec 6, 2004 PST(#290 of 1096)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Stevie, it hasn't just been you or I wouldn't have moved it to a more general area. I would have said "yup, that isn't his interest, no problem, tks for explaining."

I've heard the Canadian content from a couple others and someone else stated similar to your comments on the hockey.

I totally agree that subjects should remain broad as the site is international, and based in California. In my opinion that is why I enjoy the games - I learn things and have fun at the same time.

I appreciate that you clarified what you meant and I appreciate even more that you took the time to respond both times ... and that you popped into the site and guessed too.

I am feeling discouraged though and that's the reason I'm "snappy." I'd have no problem with an internet search if there had been attempts after the hints were out - which there weren't.

In my eyes, there were a few different questions that could have been asked - one was asked, which I saw as a typical answer for the question. It was wrong but it allowed me to add in a hint. ~shrug~ So I just felt that a net search wasn't warrented yet. If people had asked a few more questions and still didn't get there -I'd have no problem.

And I do understand what you were trying to say about that now, tks again for clarification.

I've noticed other puzzles running slower, so was wondering if its site-wide ('tis the season and MP time) or was it just this particular puzzle ... as we've had many stalls and lags in the past with this game (and not just on my puzzles either).

Anyhow, I'll leave it at that. I'm going to be getting busy myself so won't be around as much either .... so maybe others are also in the same boat and it'll pick up in the new year.

Tks for your ear and time Stevie. :)

Atanua- 8^) - 01:01am Dec 7, 2004 PST(#291 of 1096)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

Personally, I don't play USH that much because it happens a lot to me that I have no idea what the clues are about. And besides that, I find it a difficult puzzle to make

Mainly, I guess the only suggestion I can give is the same things Stevie said: Get (yet) another clue or allow internet searches. I can understand your frustrations, Sass. You don't wanna give more help if there have hardly been guesses. Someimtes they're just lazy ;o) But sometimes there's no guesses because players still don't see it after that hint.

Certainly all topics are allowed. But some players can more easily see the link between the clues and the topic because they're more familiar with it.

Maybe regulars on this game want to give their input? :o)

(((Sass)))

Chrebet - 06:33am Dec 7, 2004 PST(#292 of 1096)
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Sassi that's why I don't do any of these puzzles because the things I know about are not allowed. I will go look at your puzzled and see if I can get it moving. USH use to be one of the puzzles I plated regularly.

Chrebet - 07:02am Dec 7, 2004 PST(#293 of 1096)
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Ooops guess I should have looked to see it was solved or read the posts better.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (803 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  / POST-n-SOLVE COMMENTS

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: