[Alfred Hitchcock] Hi all
Can you please help me locate the following short stories (names unknown, only plot element is known) from somewhere. I have read them from two different books - one of which was a translation.
I will list out the plot elements one by one.
1. A boxing manager cum coach gets a vampire as his substitute boxer. He becomes successful and famous. It is not directly implied that the boxer is a vampire. One day the boxer disappears but leaving a replacement in another trainee under the coach.
2. A thief has a valued possession - a beautiful lighter. He robs a house and kills a lady. When he's having a drink afterwards at a local bar, he finds out that the lighter is missing. He goes to the house to investigate but is captured. It is later revealed that the lighter has been stolen by a man at the bar.
3. A ghostwriter is hired to write a story for two celebrated rival 'authors'. He ends up writing the same story to both the authors, thanks to his girlfriend. Only the character names have been changed.
4. A lady named Millie was married nine times. Each time her husband died at her hands accidentally. a detective who came to investigate also dies the same way.
5. A couple is happily married for some years and their next anniversary is coming. But each one is secretly having affairs. They plot to kill each other making it look like a suicide. They eventually succeed too. The lady dies when a statue falls on her head and the man dies due to poisoned coffee. The neighbors think the man committed suicide as he watched his wife die.
6. A man is unhappily married to a paralyzed wife. He also has a pet cat. He plots to end her life. He kills her and escapes. Even though a fool proof plan, he gets caught at the airport. He never knew that his wife was acting paralysed and each time he left for office she would grab the cat and throw it out of the house. His neighbour had noted the missing routine and informed police.
Any help would be much appreciated. Please give the story name and the author name. Thanks