•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Author Q & A  /

Ask an Author-Related Question

Have a question about a book or an author whose name you just can't remember? Try posting your question here, providing as much information as possible, and maybe someone will have the answer for you.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (36 previous messages)
CHRIS SMILEY - 01:41pm Oct 26, 2002 PST(#37 of 63)

Hi Marsha Thank you, yes Hugh Pentecost was the author I was looking for. I was begining to wonder if I would ever get answer to my question since i couldn't provied very many details. Thanks! Chris Smiley

Anders Magnusson - 01:57pm Dec 12, 2002 PST(#38 of 63)

I heard about a book the other day that sounds intersting.Problem is that I donīt know the author or the title,so looking for a little help here. It was about a real murdercase in Belfast in 1952,about a young woman or a girl.The author was probably Irish.

Oscar Stewart - 03:02am Jan 30, 2003 PST(#39 of 63)

I read a great short story by J.D. Wright on this site and would love to contact the author by email. Does anyone know how I should go about this? Thanks

angelacba - 07:32am Mar 5, 2003 PST(#40 of 63)

Last year I read a book and cannot remember the title or author. A mother and her daughter travel with a carnival to escape the father and his powerful family. The mother works as a psychic/fortune teller. The family business is Monarch Jewelry Design. The daughter knows nothing of her past or family and is renamed Skylar. She ends up designing jewelry for the Monarch family and almost marries her 1/2 brother. I beleive the author is a woman with a fairly common name. Thanks for your help!

angelacba - 12:07pm Mar 11, 2003 PST(#41 of 63)

I answered my own question. Fortune by Erika Spindler. Thanks

Geoff Arnold - 03:05pm Oct 30, 2003 PST(#42 of 63)

Hi; Less an author related question, though I would like to know this info as well. I bought a book in 1984 for a friend written by a woman in Canada who disappeared after finishing the book. The first line of the story is: "The chutney's a little off..." Or possibly, "The chutney is a little off..." Any help in identifying the title and/or author would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

--Geoff

Vicki Leavitt - 09:20pm Nov 3, 2003 PST(#43 of 63)

Hi: Please help me to remember the author and/or the book title - a mystery I read in the 70/80's. A young woman is discovered nude and suffering from amnesia. A cat has gone missing at the same time. When the young woman recovers her memory and solves the murder, the mystery of the cat becomes clear, too.

Thanks!

Vicki

Fran Hinkel - 06:07am Feb 20, 2004 PST(#44 of 63)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

This has been posted by one of our viewers.

"Hi. I have just read the ultimate draculla which has a lot of great short stories in it if any was interested. Anyways, for this one entitled Draculla 1944 and written by Edward D. Hoch was not complete. The last fragment of a scentance was "When he felt better" and if any one knows where I can find this book or has it please let me know. My e-mail address is ravecrazy2486@yahoo.com if anyone has any follow up."

Fran Hinkel - 06:16am Feb 20, 2004 PST(#45 of 63)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

This post has been copied to this location:

Sharon Hunter - 04:13pm Jan 1, 2004 PST (#5 of 5) Mark Edit MessageDelete MessageMove

I am trying to locate a book I had as a child and unfortunatley I have forgotten the title and author...I need some help please. It was about a young woman who helped an old man who she found in the road and she took him to hospital, he gave her a treasure map. She (Dawn?) with her friend and Uncle John take a cruise ship to Australia where they hire a boat and try to find the island. However they got caught up with some pirates. If anyone can help me with this I would be so grateful! Many thanks.

Susan Rupert - 07:21pm Feb 24, 2004 PST(#46 of 63)

I'm trying to remember the author of a romance mystery that has the chacters Dillion Savage and his wife Sherlock. He also has a computer named Max. They are both FBI agents.

RuthAnnWolf - 11:28pm Mar 11, 2004 PST(#47 of 63)

I'm trying to remember the author's name and book that I read awhile ago. The book is about a guy who is on the ten most watned list I think with the FBI and he wants to be number one, so he starts to kill those who are ahead of him. He kills in the most horrify ways. One is by glueing a bowl on a man's stomach and inside of the bowl is a mouse or a rat and it eats it way through. The problem with the list is that there is that one of men on the list is with the FBI. I would like to read this book agian, so if anybody can help that would be great. Ruth Ann

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (16 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Author Q & A  / Ask an Author-Related Question

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: