Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  /

Popularity of Nancy Drew?

What makes Nancy Drew so popular?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Lacy - 11:38am Nov 12, 1998 PST(#1 of 1651)

Attn. Nancy Fans ! I am a college student doing a research project on Nancy Drew. I would love to know what you think about the books. Do you know any boys that read them? Do any of you read the Hardy Boys? Have you ever read a Nancy Drew book for school? Why do you like Nancy? Please help me if you can! THANKS ! Lacy

Bess - 10:14am Nov 13, 1998 PST(#2 of 1651)

Lacy--I used to read Nancy Drew for school all the time when I was in elementary school. I'm in College, too, I think your project sounds cool. What class is it for?

Elusive heiress - 09:15pm Nov 13, 1998 PST(#3 of 1651)
By the pricking of my thumbs

Lacy I don't know any boys that read the nancy Drews but you might want to check into the ones at this web sight. I do read the Hardy Boys books. I know alot of girls that would be afraid to say that, but I don't know why,they're great!!! The Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys are great too.

where's Nancy - 03:48pm Dec 2, 1998 PST(#4 of 1651)
?

If you are here say so

Larkspur Lane - 12:35pm Dec 9, 1998 PST(#5 of 1651)
~~Does That Come In Pink?~~

I think it is disgraceful the way Pamela Sue Martin posed for Playboy, does any1 else htink so?

lookingfornancy - 04:40pm Dec 10, 1998 PST(#6 of 1651)
Hypers Nancy !

Pamela Sue Martin was a kid back when she did that.She was very vocal at the time over her disgustedness with being held to the Syndicates moral veiws & people assuming her values & personality were one & the same with Nancys.I think it was a rebelous action from a young woman trying to break away from an authority she didn't care for.We all did things like that when we were young & under the delusion that we know it all!I wouldn't hold it against her Actresses- go figure.

lookingfornancy - 12:18pm Dec 12, 1998 PST(#7 of 1651)
Hypers Nancy !

Victory - Back in the 70's Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys had TV shows.Nancy was played by an actress named Pamela Sue Martin.If your under 20 you probably have never heard of her.After she did the Soap Dynasty she kinda disappeared from the acting scene.Anyhoo she posed for Playboy in the buff.I believe she pretty much lost her job over it.Which I think might have been the point of her doing the shoot in the first place.I only know this from books & mag.articles not cause I've talked to her personally.Harriet Adams made a big deal out of how shocked she was over it & I remember one article where she said "her Nancy would never do anything like that" & Pam Martin responded that"She wasn't Nancy Drew".Ya know stuff like that.Anyway it wasn't long after that when she was replaced by another actress .Thats what we're talking about!

It's very funny to read when the actress first started playing Nacy & she says things like "Nancy Drew is neat" or "Nancy Drew is groovy'.And then after this shoot it becomes obvious that she was either coached on what to say in interviews or somewhere along the way she developed an extreme aversion to doing the series.Well it was obvious something happened there.I loved her as Nancy Drew though.The second girl was ok but it just wasn't the same.

Larkspur Lane - 08:12am Dec 14, 1998 PST(#8 of 1651)

I heard about Pamela thru the Nancy Drew Scrapbook

Larkspur Lane - 04:50pm Dec 15, 1998 PST(#9 of 1651)

Hey, where is Sonaski???? I haven't seen her in a while!!!

Panda - 06:52pm Dec 24, 1998 PST(#10 of 1651)
Save the panda's! τΏτ

Ebay11- I haven't played the game but if you look in the disscutions on the game you could ask them. I really want the game! Merry Christmas everyone! τΏτ

Aimee - 03:57pm Dec 28, 1998 PST(#11 of 1651)

The reason I think Nancy Drew is so popular is because she is so innocent and pure. With as screwed-up as our world is today, her occasional naivete about certain things is like a breath of fresh air!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1640 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  / Popularity of Nancy Drew?