Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Cop Shows  /

Law & Order

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (126 previous messages)
Jeandiata - 12:22pm Dec 30, 2004 PST(#127 of 137)
It's time to try defying gravity

Jerry Orbach of 'Law & Order' Dies at 69

NEW YORK - Jerry Orbach had a gift for charming audiences his entire career first as a song-and-dance man who starred in musicals on and off Broadway, then for 12 years as a sharp-tongued cop on TV's "Law & Order."

Along the way, he made films as varied as the gritty crime drama "Prince of the City" and the smash romance "Dirty Dancing."

Orbach, who died of prostate cancer Tuesday in Manhattan, was beginning another chapter at age 69: He had taken his signature role as Detective Lennie Briscoe to NBC's upcoming spinoff "Law & Order: Trial By Jury."

With his hangdog puss and loose-limbed gait, Orbach was unmatched at playing the street-smart tough guy. A quintessential New Yorker, he personified his city's well-worn but implacable edge, embodying the Big Apple like few other actors.

P Marlowe - 05:19pm Jan 13, 2005 PST(#128 of 137)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

Wow, Chrebet - that's awesome. I knew the names (sort of) but what a wonderful run-down of the actors who played characters in one of my favorites.

Benjamin Bratt in the Vanity Fair article said people who like Law & Order are groupies. I tend to agree.

And Jeandiata, thank you for sharing that bit about Lenny (the always loveable lug )Jerry Orbach who will be missed. When I heard he was leaving the show, I already missed him. Had no idea he was so terribly ill.

Chrebet - 06:39pm Jan 13, 2005 PST(#129 of 137)
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

LOL don't give me the credit. I found it on some website.

Monte Hess - 09:36pm Feb 16, 2005 PST(#130 of 137)

I have loved the show for years, and has driven my daugher to want to be a lawyer. Our big question is, what makes the sound that we here between scenes? Anybody know for sure....Thanks.

Chrebet - 06:05am Feb 17, 2005 PST(#131 of 137)
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

I found this on imdb.

The distinctive "thunk-thunk" sound effect used in between scenes was created by combining close to a dozen sounds, including that of a group of monks stamping on a floor.

Abdul Clamwacker - 12:15am Feb 26, 2005 PST(#132 of 137)

Joseph Rodriguez, I have a sneaking suspicion that Fontana is into something else on the side, which explains his extravagant clothing and his $110,000 Mercedes SL500.

L Raphael - 09:22am Apr 11, 2005 PST(#133 of 137)

The term "LUDs", or something that sounds like that, is often used on the show to denote telephone records. Maybe it's an acronym. Does anyone know the exact term and its definition?

lynda crosby - 07:43pm May 9, 2005 PST(#134 of 137)

Can any one tell me the episode that we find out not only that Mike logan has a neice and nephew but he has siblings?

Freedom_has_come - 07:56am May 29, 2005 PST(#135 of 137)

I'd like to know that 2.

Lee Gilliland - 07:51am Jun 16, 2005 PST(#136 of 137)

LUDs stands for "Local Usage Detail"

lynn c3 - 12:03am Jan 19, 2010 PST(#137 of 137)

Can anyone tell me the name of the law & Order episode that a married black man died during a game night. These men would meet for game night but were actually gay men on the downlow. The dead man's wife did not know he was gay and taled about how she keep herself up to get him from leaving her for another women never knowing he was actually gay. Everyone keeps talking about this episode but I have never seen it. I am sure it was originally aired before 2002.

thanks for your help

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Cop Shows  / Law & Order

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: