Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  /

Wilson, Barbara Jaye

Barbara Jaye Wilson Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Author of Death Brims Over, Accessory to Murder: A Brenda Midnight Mystery, and most recently Hatful of Homicide. Discuss her mysteries below.

Wilson Fan - 03:20pm Oct 9, 1998 PST(#1 of 5)

Accessory to Murder made me feel like I lived in the Greenwich Village again.

This detective has learned the ways of NYC like a trained sociologist (or is it anthropologist). Whichever, it was a joy following her antics.

Having once lived in Greenwich Village I found the mood and detail a delightful reminder of days past.

The mystry part was acceptable (I think I'm getting a bit old for them) but the confusions and detail of the hero's life made me yearn for her next travail.

This detective is funny, in an after midnight kind of way.

Marinelle Carter - 07:23am Nov 9, 1998 PST(#2 of 5)

I enjoyed the first couple of books a great deal, the latest offering is taking several tries to get into. I am afraid her characters are becoming almost too bizarre. The one I'm stuck on has one of Brenda's ex's coming to NYC and getting involved in murder. And how does Brenda survive in NYC only selling a few hats once in a while????

Michelle Frager - 10:25pm Dec 16, 1998 PST(#3 of 5)

Aw, c'mon. These are what used to be called madcap or zany comedy and they work deliciously. Of *course* no one could live in the Village on the sale of a few hats (especially now that co-ops and condos go for upwards of $600K, believe it or not).

But who cares? Wilson writes such charmingly (and deliberately) ridiculous situations in a perfectly logical way, and that's what makes a funny but successful mystery. Me, my hat's off to Brenda Midnight!

EllenChristine - 06:49pm Mar 7, 2005 PST(#4 of 5)

Just finished "Capped Off", and will get my hands on the next one this week......keep on writing, Barbara Jaye! We need Brenda to keep hats flying in NYC..........

DARYN LINCOLN - 11:32pm Jun 3, 2007 PST(#5 of 5)

I am curious how to contact BARBARA JAYE WILSON as a fan. Any help would be appreciated. Is there going to be a new book soon? Thanks!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  / Wilson, Barbara Jaye

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: