Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors E - F  /

Elkins, Aaron

Aaron Elkins Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Edgar Award-winning author Aaron Elkins writes a series featuring Gideon Oliver, (the Skeleton Detective) Oregon's anthropologist-sleuth, who, along with Park Ranger wife, Julie, travel to exotic places to unravel the latest mystery. Titles include: Old Bones; Murder in the Queen's Armes; Make No Bones and Twenty Blue Devils among others.

A second series opens a window into the art world, with character, Chris Nogren. Nogren is the curator-sleuth at the Seattle Arts Museum. Titles include: Deceptive Clarity; Old Scores and Glancing Light.Discuss Mr. Elkins work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (3 previous messages)
irwin probstein - 04:48pm Jun 17, 1999 PST(#4 of 14)

I would also like to join in the praise of Aaron Elkins. His latest,"LOOT" is I think his best. I am biased in such matters. I would also like to know more about his other hero Norgren.

irwin probstein - 03:52pm Aug 2, 1999 PST(#5 of 14)

It's me again on Elkins. I amnot familiar with this other series he has written. I would like to know more. Also, about LOOT. I wrote to the National Archives to obtain what he said was a rec- of the US Army's finding and returning Na zi stolen art work. He referredto:Record Group 239, Records of the American Comm- ission for the Protection and Salvage of Artictic&Historic Monuments. No such was found. Can anyone enlighten me? THANKS Irwin Probstein irwin@midplains.net

Brenda Blue - 01:01pm Oct 19, 1999 PST(#6 of 14)

I also am greatly interested in the Aaron Elkins books. I have read all in the "bone detective series" but Twenty Blue Devils and Old Bones. I, too, would like to know if there is a similar author. I like Patricia Cornwell too but find the anthropology type stories equally fascinating.

Vickie Britton - 04:23pm Nov 9, 1999 PST(#7 of 14)

Brenda, if you like Elkins, you might also enjoy Sharyn McCrumb's novels, which are similar. Also, I would recommend Old Bones, it was one of the best of the Elkins books. Jean, I think Elkins is hard to classify. His novels are sometimes called cozies or malice domestics. The way I understand it, these types of books are not police procedurals and don't have excessive violent detail. Vickie

Jenny Paulson - 09:50am Dec 22, 1999 PST(#8 of 14)

Hello friends and family and a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! Well sorry I got to go because I want to look at more stuff on the website.

Dani Keller - 03:33pm Oct 7, 2000 PST(#9 of 14)

Hi! This is my first post at MysteryNet. I'm currently reading "Make No Bones" and just finished "Icy Clutches". I've read several, but not all of the Gideon Oliver books. I was first attracted to them by the Pacific Northwest setting, but then fell in love with the characters and the story lines. I learn new things and have fun with some of the eccentricities of the characters. I haven't read "Loot" yet, but I'm really looking forward to it now because of all that's been said here. Dani

Joyce Browning - 02:33pm May 28, 2001 PST(#10 of 14)

I met Aaron Elkins and his wife at a "Murder goes Arty" Seminar in Scottsdale a few years ago (brought about by the energetic owner of the Poisoned Pen Book Store there), and have always regretted that after I told him I liked the golf mysteries they write together, I had no chance to add that I like his forensic anthropology stories about Gideon Oliver even better! I hope he glances over these postings sometimes!

Jan Fudala - 01:02am Jul 17, 2001 PST(#11 of 14)

Aaron Elkins is one of my favorite authors. By the way, he's from Washington, not Oregon. His two series, Forensic Anthropologist Gideon Oliver, and Chris Norgren, Seattle Art Museum Curator, are as fascinating as they are different. From Bigfoot to discovery of a lost masterpiece, every book is well worth reading. I agree with Jean De Grazia's post that they deserve a wider readership than they seem to have. He's certainly recognized as one of the best mystery writers today, but enough persons have not discovered the delights in his books. Jan

Maia Beam - 08:27am Sep 25, 2001 PST(#12 of 14)

I am currently looking for info. on Aaron Elkins background, such as place of birth and education background. I am leading book discussion on him soon. Any info. would be helpfull. thank you,

Islandgirl - 08:59am Mar 11, 2003 PST(#13 of 14)

Elkins is one of my favorite mystery writers! Anybody know what he's working on now?

Mary Lee Horton - 02:17pm Jul 8, 2003 PST(#14 of 14)

Dear MrElkins, Did you ever hear of Dr. Keith Thompkins, a dentist in Port Angeles? He was called the man of the mountains when I was a kid, living next door to Keith and his family. He did a lot of rescues in the Olympics, and I beleive his son has done the same. When Keith was a youngster, he used to drive one of the three men who had gone through the Olympics late in the 1800's to map out the range. They laid out the rivers, all of the foliage, anything and everything they found went on their maps. I beleive it took them 3 yrs to complete the task. He drove him back and forth from Forks to Port Angeles to shop. I have a couple of letters Keith wrote me describing the men. His son is a sports MD in Olympia, Tim Thompson.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors E - F  / Elkins, Aaron

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: