Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  /

Popularity of Nancy Drew?

What makes Nancy Drew so popular?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1639 previous messages)
Green Hornet - 05:11pm Mar 19, 2009 PST(#1640 of 1651)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I agree, cheergurl; that seems to be a problem with many book series and comics, too. It may be the great "wealth" of reading and visual material available (The internet is partly to "blame") that cuts into the popularity of the series. I even spend more time on the Nancy Drew sites than actually reading my books.

beckerzz - 01:43am May 17, 2009 PST(#1641 of 1651)
{none}

Very true cheergurl.Nowadays people are more interested in novels like Twilight,Gossip Girl,and comics too. Such people like these kinds find the Nancy Drew novels the 'old-kind'.But i dont care??Nancy Drew is still amazing to me.

No.1FaN - 09:53am Jun 16, 2009 PST(#1642 of 1651)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

Me, too! I could NEVER stop reading her books! They're just so amazing! (Especially the Secret of Shadow Ranch! LOL! I think you all know by now why I like that specific book so much!) :D

No.1FaN - 10:04am Jun 16, 2009 PST(#1643 of 1651)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

I read at least four ND chapters a day! LOL!

No.1FaN - 05:59pm Aug 2, 2009 PST(#1644 of 1651)

I've just learned something awesomely great!!! Nancy Drew has made a comeback in my city!!! I am not kidding! Last week I dropped off a ton of books at the library, and I went to get the next ND book to read in the series, and what do you know?! It's not there! Literally, about 40 books were left from about 200! Isn't that great! Of course, I was disappointed that I couldn't get my book, but I'm glad that interest Nancy Drew books isn't dying out!

No.1FaN - 06:04pm Aug 2, 2009 PST(#1645 of 1651)

I just thought it was pretty cool that Nancy Drew has become so popular all of a sudden.

Green Hornet - 04:48pm Aug 3, 2009 PST(#1646 of 1651)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Very cool. Nancy Drew seems to make come-backs every few years. Maybe last year's movie sparked some interest?

Elly Girl - 01:48pm Dec 10, 2009 PST(#1647 of 1651)

I think that Nancy has been popular because she is just simple and normal. She's nobody special or amazing, she's just like anybody else.

AmritaP. - 05:18am May 19, 2011 PST(#1648 of 1651)

Personally, I love ND it's the best mystery book. The oldern and modern are both fantastic. My libary near my house hardly has a collection of ND books, which is dissapointing to my me =( I can not wait to read more =)

TappingHeels - 02:53pm May 24, 2011 PST(#1649 of 1651)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

Check out the fan fiction stories on this site for further Nancy adventures if ND books are not available to you right now.

AmritaP. - 07:21am May 31, 2011 PST(#1650 of 1651)

Thanks I will =)

TappingHeels - 09:16pm Sep 21, 2011 PST(#1651 of 1651)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

Nancy Drew must still be popular - a look at eBay shows that people are bidding on a lot of Nancy books over there!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  / Popularity of Nancy Drew?