Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  /

Nancy Drew Over the Decades

Nancy Drew is one-of-a-kind...
How has Nancy Drew changed through the years?
  • Which books are your favorites? Why?
  • Which book really shows Nancy at her best?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1744 previous messages)
Blackwood - 04:04pm Aug 4, 2009 PST(#1745 of 1755)

That's a Nappi cover.

Green Hornet - 09:18am Jun 14, 2014 PST(#1746 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

It's been several years since I posted here, but I have a thought to share.

What Did Nancy Drew Do During World War Two?

Considering her life, she may have been in Army Intelligence (G2). Gathering evidence for the war crimes trials as the war wound down seems natural, but it is also possible that she was sent to India to help the British convince the Indians to fight the Japanese because she had saved Maharaja Coya's life. We don't know if Nancy met Gandhi, but I doubt that the "girl gangbuster" would have been impressed by his "passive resistance" plan.

After the war, there were the "ghost rockets" that may provide material for a new story.

TappingHeels - 12:18pm Jul 28, 2014 PST(#1747 of 1755)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

I figure Nancy, along with Bess and George, were "true" to their country by volunteering at home during WWII in various capacities: George gathered scrap, Bess rolled bandages, Nancy patrolled at night during blackouts, and of course all three worked the USO canteen. No doubt Nancy ran true to form, and whatever she was doing, mysteries continued to cross her path and she solved them.

TappingHeels - 12:20pm Jul 28, 2014 PST(#1748 of 1755)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

BYW, nice to hear you're still dropping by here as a Nancy fan Green Hornet!

Green Hornet - 07:35pm Aug 25, 2014 PST(#1749 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Thank you, TAPPING HEELS. I'm glad you answered my post.

TappingHeels - 10:20pm Sep 3, 2014 PST(#1750 of 1755)

You bet, Green Hornet. By the way, I passed a book rack in the market today and noted that the current decade is again producing revamped Nancy Drew titles: "Old Clock", "Staircase", and "Bungalow" were the titles I saw. A quick peek at the opening page of "Old Clock" was completely unfamiliar. Interestingly, the cover art portrays Nancy with a roadster and wearing a cloche hat.

Green Hornet - 05:11pm Sep 4, 2014 PST(#1751 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Hmmm...

The old one opens with Nancy speaking to her father about the Tophams, but the re-write opens with Nancy driving.

If they changed it even more, I may have to buy a few and have a look.

TappingHeels - 08:01pm Sep 5, 2014 PST(#1752 of 1755)

You might be interested in taking a look at the art for this new reissue of the Nancy Drew Series. If you google Sabrina Gabrielli you'll find her website and examples of the covers there.

Green Hornet - 04:43am Sep 7, 2014 PST(#1753 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I thank you kindly.

Green Hornet - 04:49am Sep 7, 2014 PST(#1754 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I just came back from the site.

That is so cool! The style is fresh and actually fits the era. I approve. :D

TappingHeels - 08:06pm Sep 9, 2014 PST(#1755 of 1755)

Glad to know you found it!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  / Nancy Drew Over the Decades