Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  /

Nancy Drew Over the Decades

Nancy Drew is one-of-a-kind...
How has Nancy Drew changed through the years?
  • Which books are your favorites? Why?
  • Which book really shows Nancy at her best?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1732 previous messages)
Nanfan15 - 01:37pm Mar 2, 2009 PST(#1733 of 1745)

Oooh, and what's the name of the one with the chimney... gosh, it's one of my faves, but I can't think of the name... now there's a good villain, too!

Green Hornet - 05:51pm Mar 2, 2009 PST(#1734 of 1745)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Leaning Chimney?

Nanfan15 - 01:59pm Mar 3, 2009 PST(#1735 of 1745)

Ah, that's it, GH!

Nanfan15 - 01:59pm Mar 3, 2009 PST(#1736 of 1745)

I haven't read that one in awhile, a year or more. I love it, though.

kamilhrodin - 09:24am Jun 6, 2009 PST(#1737 of 1745)

I think Helen Corning's participation in the "Larkspur Lane" adventure in 1933 is more exciting than Bess Marvin's in the 1960s rewrite.

NewFan - 07:56am Jun 9, 2009 PST(#1738 of 1745)

Yesterday I was looking through a lot of folders (not exactly sure which one now) and someone mentioned a good book - The Lost Files of Nancy Drew. It describes the various versions of Nancy Drew books throughout the years. I called a bookstore and they have it in stock. It's $20 and with coupons I'll get it for $10. It sounds like a great book. Thanks whoever you are for telling us about the book!

NewFan - 04:26pm Jun 13, 2009 PST(#1739 of 1745)

I looked at The Lost Files of Nancy Drew book and it's not what I thought it was. It doesn't discuss all of the Nancy Drew books but it highlights some of the popular ones. It has souveniers from each book, for example Josiah Crowley's Will and the note he left in his safe deposit box at the bank. Also notes Nancy makes to herself. It's an interactive book meaning you can lift flaps to read things or pull out a piece of paper (The Will, etc.). It's pretty fun to look at.

No.1FaN - 11:06am Jun 16, 2009 PST(#1740 of 1745)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

Cool! Is the Secret of Shadow Ranch part of that book?

NewFan - 07:02pm Jun 17, 2009 PST(#1741 of 1745)

I can't remember, No. 1Fan, but I'll check on it. I'm going back to the store when my next book comes in The Clue In The Jewel Box 1930 facsimile edition. It shipped yesterday from Applewood Books so should be here in the next day or 2.

NewFan - 07:56am Jun 21, 2009 PST(#1742 of 1745)

No. 1Fan: I checked The Lost Files of Nancy Drew and it doesn't cover The Secret At Shadow Ranch. It only cover 13 books from The Secret Of The Old Clock to The Thirteenth Pearl. It's still a cool book. I've started reading The Clue In The Jewel Box. I'm glad to find that Mildred A. Wirt Benson wrote it. When I read other books, it will be interesting to see the differences in books that are written by different authors.

Blackwood - 09:19pm Jul 15, 2009 PST(#1743 of 1745)

Does anyone know why the covers of "The Secret Of Red Gate Farm" and "The Clue In The Diary" were never redone a third time? Though I actually like the Billie Gillies covers a lot. I actually like his art work, and the covers that Nappi did in 1962 for books 11 through 21 even better than Tandy's.

No.1FaN - 07:10pm Aug 2, 2009 PST(#1744 of 1745)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

NewFan - Thanks for the info! I was just asking 'cause I so love "The Secret of Shadow Ranch."

Blackwood - I have a ND book from "The Secret of Shadow Ranch" where on the cover Nancy is rearing on a black stallion, and it's night. A little ways off, you can see the phantom horse rearing. Is that Nappi or Tandy's artwork?

Blackwood - 04:04pm Aug 4, 2009 PST(#1745 of 1745)

That's a Nappi cover.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  / Nancy Drew Over the Decades