Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Nancy Drew & You  /

Nancy & Me: How Has Nancy Affected Your Life?

People have read Nancy Drew for ages. Congresswomen, writers and other remarkable people have often cited Nancy Drew as a role model and a strong influence.

How has Nancy Drew affected your life? Share your thoughts with others!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1019 previous messages)
taytay851 - 12:26pm Jan 15, 2009 PST(#1020 of 1031)

It has affected my life because I now want to investegate things now. Like when my cusins are over we always play detective.

No.1FaN - 07:04pm Feb 11, 2009 PST(#1021 of 1031)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

Don't get me wrong! I'm not dissing Nancy Drew! I'm just saying that she is, after all, a FICTITIOUS character, and she can't change the life of someone who has lived through something dramatic.

No.1FaN - 02:07pm Feb 14, 2009 PST(#1022 of 1031)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

Anyways, back on topic: Nancy has not affected my life in any way, except for the fact that I'm much more into mysteries than I used to be. I'm all about mystery! LOL!

Green Hornet - 06:25pm Feb 14, 2009 PST(#1023 of 1031)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I like the adventure part of the storys, myself. I mean, what they DO durring the mystery is more important to me than any clues and stuff.

Nanfan15 - 01:36pm Mar 2, 2009 PST(#1024 of 1031)

I like a balance. I don't want a stupid mystery where you know who the villain is by the third chapter; I like brainteasers, stories that make you think and try your hardest to solve it. But then, a good mystery is great, but it needs to be accompanied by action. In that area, the Hardy Boys have Nancy Drew beat, at least in the originals. Nancy gets locked in a closet, has a boat break down and has an 'intruder' show up. The Hardys get taken out on a boat in the middle of a storm to be 'disposed of', or involved in a high-speed car chase, and survive rock falls on their motorcycles. Even in the casefiles/files Nancy's adventures aren't at QUITE so grand a scale as her friends'-- HOW many bombs do the Hardys defuse while Nancy gets run off the road?

That's not to say that Nancy has no good action scenes, because she does. But some of her books, while being a good mystery, lack in action.

Vicks - 03:54pm May 19, 2009 PST(#1025 of 1031)

Nancy got me doing more reading and more mystrey stuff like snooping sometimes and looking more carfully

No.1FaN - 10:23am Jun 16, 2009 PST(#1026 of 1031)

Nancy Drew books have caused me to be more mysterious in my thinking about strange or peculiar looking situations. I know it sounds childish, but there you go!

roemar - 09:55pm Sep 26, 2009 PST(#1027 of 1031)

I've read all of the Nancy drew books in my school library. There is so many! I constantly search the internet for new nancy drew games and books. I can't wait to start playing Warnings at Waverly Academy!!!!!

-roemar

emmanemm - 11:11pm Jan 3, 2012 PST(#1028 of 1031)
I love tacos!!!!!!!

She is just too awesome for words!!!!

SaraDrew - 02:34pm Feb 5, 2012 PST(#1029 of 1031)

Nancy Drew has affected my life in so many ways. #1 Always cary a flashlight with you cause you never know when you might need it. #2 Be patiant. #3 Don't be self centered always try to help. #4 Think fast. #5 Try to be athletic. #6 Eat healthy. #7 Try to remember they ARE innocent until proven guilty. #8 Last but not least, wait for it... wait... just be yourself.

This post was writtin by saradrew:)

michaella - 05:37pm May 2, 2012 PST(#1030 of 1031)

Nancy has affected my life in soooooooooo many ways it is hard to even begin listing them.

nancydrewnancydrew - 02:33pm Oct 5, 2012 PST(#1031 of 1031)

Nan Fan 15.I don't agree with you.Nancy Drew has way more action than what you say.Have you read the Nancy Drew Files?If you haven't,then read them.It shows that Nancy Is full of action and that Hardy Boys aren't as action filled as Nancy Drew is.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Nancy Drew & You  / Nancy & Me: How Has Nancy Affected Your Life?