Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Miscellaneous Nancy Discussions  /

The Fun of Nancy Drew Mysteries

What do you like about Nancy Drew mysteries?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (2637 previous messages)
TappingHeels - 05:52pm Mar 17, 2009 PST(#2638 of 2649)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

The only mention of Ned's family in the series that I recall was his mother and father. And they were mature types who could get away for several days to go to the Homecoming activities at Emerson College. Ned may be an only child like Nancy, or, he's the baby of the family and any siblings are much older and out of the house.

Green Hornet - 05:06pm Mar 19, 2009 PST(#2639 of 2649)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Wasn't it in "Nancy Drew: Reporter" that Ned had a younger sister named "Mary"? I commented in the movies discussion that she seemed like George Fayne as a young girl to me!

Green Hornet - 02:14pm Mar 23, 2009 PST(#2640 of 2649)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Nancy Drew is mentioned twice in the GURPS (Generic Universal Role Playing) game suplament "GURPS Mysteries" on pages 100 and 107. (The Hardy Boys are mentioned too)

The suppliment is available for download (You have to pay) on the internet if you want some help on putting your mystery story together. When I was writing, I found the role playing games helpfull in creating characters and setting up situations.

It didn't help me SELL it, though. :o)

Coaco - 03:38am Mar 25, 2009 PST(#2641 of 2649)

Yes Green Hornet, Ned, or Ted in the old N.D. TV show, had a little sister and possibly a little brother too.

pukabear - 06:45pm Apr 14, 2009 PST(#2642 of 2649)

I like how, even though the orginal books were written based on technics used back then, everything is so realistic! Now that I have read so many books I want to be involved in a mystery too!

Green Hornet - 06:43pm Apr 15, 2009 PST(#2643 of 2649)
Oh, the huge manatee!

It's great when a story can draw you in, pukabear. :o)

khusboo - 08:25am May 31, 2009 PST(#2644 of 2649)

hello guys and girls i am a new member joined and would love to know u all. its fun having discussions about nancydrew. i am a big fan of it too and i totally agree wid u "pukabear" that we have read so many mysteries that we want to get involve in it

Green Hornet - 03:03pm May 31, 2009 PST(#2645 of 2649)
Oh, the huge manatee!

You'll find good people here, and a lot of topics!

No.1FaN - 10:29am Jun 16, 2009 PST(#2646 of 2649)
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- President John Quincy Adams

Lots and lots and please stay on!

Merbenavi - 05:27pm Nov 12, 2009 PST(#2647 of 2649)

Hello everyone my screen name is Merbenavi Im a new member.Im excited to find many ND fans because I AM A HUGE FAN!! I cant get enough of Nancy Drew books and can finally talk to fans who share the same feeling. Hope to hear from everyone

TappingHeels - 06:21pm Nov 12, 2009 PST(#2648 of 2649)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

Merbenavi - glad you found this site and enjoy Nancy Drew. How many Nancy Drew books do you estimate you have read? Which series do you favor - original, girl detective, files, etc?

nancystella - 02:40am Mar 4, 2011 PST(#2649 of 2649)

hula guys and girls i am a new member joined and would love to know u all. its fun having discussions about nancy. i am a big fan of it too and i totally agree wid u "pukabear" that we have read so many mysteries that we want to get involve in it i'm an indian and my real name is "priyanka" and i'm will be so glad to solve a mystery with risking life and all what fun

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Miscellaneous Nancy Discussions  / The Fun of Nancy Drew Mysteries