MysteryNet Community Go back to Edward D. Hoch: The Master>>
MysteryNet Community Profile

Cathy Schuchman

Send e-mail to cathy51@erols.com

About Cathy Schuchman

Mysteries are my favorite read. Among the authors I collect are C L Grace, Anne Perry(prefer the "Monk" series), Rita Mae Brown and Sneak Pie, Sue Grafton, Susan Conant, Patricia Cornwell, M C Beaton, Susan Witig Albert and more. My first love are my greyhounds and am thrilled whenever one is a story. So far Susan Conant, Susan Witig Albert and Ellis Peters have had greyhounds in theirs.3  
Most recent posts by Cathy Schuchman:

Beaton, M.C. - 02:32pm Jul 4, 1998 PST - I haven't read any of the Hamish books, but wouldn't it be fun to do a series on good old (don't tell her that) Agatha? Who could play Agatha?
Edward D. Hoch: The Master - 12:14am Nov 14, 1997 PST - I agree-Edward Hoch is one of the best short story writers of our time. I look forward to his stories in EQMM and am disappointed in the rare edition that doesn't have one. Making Leopold a DA's investigator is a great idea...
Historical Mysteries - 07:13pm Oct 21, 1997 PST - Tim-I've read all the "Monk" series and a new has just come out. My opinion is each is better than the one before. Some have you pulling your hair out trying to figure out how they are going to prove their case...
What (or Who) Should I Read Next? - 08:41pm Aug 26, 1997 PST - I'm almost through Ann Perry's Weighed in the Balance, the most recent of her "Monk" series. This is a true puzzler. There is not a lot af action in her books, just good hard dectective work done on the part of both William Monk, agent of inquiry and suffering from amnesia and Hester Latterly, a nurse recently returned from the Crimea who worked under Florence Nightengale and has to battle old streotypes of nurses...
Suspense and Thrillers - 11:13pm Oct 28, 1997 PST - Anyone here read Caleb Carr. He wrote The Alienist. I'm reading his new bool The Angel of Darkness...

OK