MysteryNet Community Go back to ADD-ONS: Join in the fun!>>
MysteryNet Community Profile

Dina Hagler

Send e-mail to dhagler@bmu.dopm.uab.edu

About Dina Hagler

I am an amateur writer, hoping to be published one day soon. I have a few short stories posted on MysteryNet in the Stories By Community Members section.

I am hoping to start a writing group for mystery writers, so please e-mail me if you are interested. Use WRITING GROUP as the subject heading.

I am currently working on a novel.

Favorite URLs

a place to get your writing critiqued, but you will need to wait 4-6 weeks!
add more as I find them!

Most recent posts by Dina Hagler:

Based on a True Story - 12:25pm Sep 11, 1998 PST - I think that it is a great idea to look at news clips and such, just as a starting point, and then moving on throm there; many writers do this.

If you actually want to write based on a true story (and I think that phrase usually means that the writer is trying to relate the actual events) then in order to make it "come alive" you have to go beyond what your research material offers. For instance, no one is truly flat and uninteresting if we really get to know them...
Fire by Rhoda Faye Abidog - 07:44am Jul 9, 1998 PST - I was really surprised to find out the narrator was an arsonist. I read the story again, and then it took on a whole different light.

I would like to see some more of your material, Rhoda...

OK