Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  /

Westfall, Patricia Tichenor

Connie Massey - 11:55am Aug 2, 1998 PST
La Jolla, California

Fowl Play is Westfall's debut novel. Molly and her husband have moved to a rural Appalachian town from Chicago. Molly runs the local "Meals on Wheels" and her husband is a sociology professor at Sycamore State in Ohio. The county fair's in town, a local woman has been murdered and a couple of roosters have been stolen. Is there a connection? Good descriptions of the Appalachians and of the way of life in this rural area. I liked the characters. Look forward to her next book.

Marsha Francis - 09:03pm Feb 25, 2000 PST(#1 of 1)

I, too, enjoyed Fowl Play, but I was really disappointed in the follow-up, Mother of the Bride. When I find myself saying "Oh, come ON, now", over and over again, it's not a good sign. I got much more information than I wanted about re-creating Civil War battles, the entire wedding was absurd, and the "mystery" was just silly. I enjoyed the first one so much this was a real disappointment.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  / Westfall, Patricia Tichenor

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: