[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Book Reviews  /

Roberts, Barrie: "The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Man From Hell

Barrie Roberts Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Roberts, Barrie: "The Further Adventures of SHERLOCK HOLMES: The Man From Hell"

Published by Titan Books of Titan Publishing Group Ltd

London 180 pages

ISBN 9781848565081

Price: soft cover UK 7.99 pounds/US $9.95/ CAN 12.95

I cleared my evening, settled into my soft covers, my hot cocoa nearby accompanied by a few indulgent cookies to enhance my mood for reading the newest book in my Holmes collection and tried to clear my mind of the days events so as not to be distracted and I opened my book and began my read …

As with most stories truly worth telling the hopeful reader must be patient as the author sets the stage, introduces the characters and the writer feels they have lured you in … suddenly there’s a zap! And you are hooked like a fish on a line! This book did not disappoint!

By the time I read this following line I had forgotten all about the cocoa and the cookies … I was wide eyed, enthralled and wanted more.

In a letter given to his son after his violent death, the now new Lord of this vast estate, his father warns of a man who would be coming for him … “Who he is I am bound not to tell, but he will tell you in time and when he does he will identify himself as … the man from Hell.

In this story the reader will find some of everything that makes a great murder mystery. A thrilling, page-turning heart-racing journey gratifies the reader in this exciting book, a murder mystery with the tenacious scrutinizing genius of Sherlock Holmes and a cast of characters that expose the lives of a strange assortment of players from reluctant, reclusive saints to the most vile of sinners in a story that is both fascinating and disturbing. Holmes and Watson are summoned to an estate of a benevolent Lord whose vicious murder leaves the new Lord in extreme danger and not just from one or two greedy killers but from a cult much worse than they had ever dreamed of.

Barrie Roberts grabs the reader in the first few chapters and then takes off on a trail through secret cults, international conspiracies, through the vile underbelly of crime, violence, despair and triumphs. You stay seemingly one half step behind as you race to an ending that totally satisfies even the most demanding mystery loving Sherlockian.

About the author:
Barrie Roberts was very well known for his many Sherlock Holmes novels. Sadly he passed away in 2007 … this very talented man was also a musician, human rights activist, artist and advisor. This work made me feel his loss, as I would have loved to have read more.

• Oooh, this looks good!.. by Kermit Fog - Feb 21, 11 (#1 of 2)
  • Kermit, I can guarantee you will enjoy this one!.. by bella wanella - Feb 21, 11 (#2 of 2)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Book Reviews  / Roberts, Barrie: "The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Man From Hell