[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Opinion and Debate  /

Accountability

Carol Diemer - 04:04am Oct 31, 2000 PST
BJ, My Special Angel

For a while now I have been thinking a lot about accountability for our actions. A recent shooting at a Halloween party out in LA has prompted me to try and begin a dialogue here. I am not just talking about police and shooting or profiling, but accountability for all actions including parenting and responsibility when your child commits murder on a massive scale or kids getting off easy without being held accountable simply because they are under a certain age.

I know we have talked before about what goes through a policeman's mind when he is on duty. However, I also think a certain amount of judgement and common sense goes along with this. I am not certain of all of the details about what went on in LA, but from what I understand there were other costumed participants present dressed as police. What went on this policeman's mind is important, however, he is responsible for a human beings death and good judgement and common sense has to prevail.

Again, this is not just about police shootings. This discussion should be about all accountability from parents and children to doctors, lawyers, etc. I am very interested in hearing your input.

Carol

• Hi Carol, sorry I had to redo this, you had it up... by Fran Hinkel - Oct 31, 00 (#1 of 31)
  • No problem, Fran, I'm glad its posted... by Carol Diemer - Oct 31, 00 (#2 of 31)
  • Do you know that to use the self-defense defense... by Rob Lewis - Oct 31, 00 (#3 of 31)
  • Under those circumstances, Rob, you should not be... by Carol Diemer - Nov 1, 00 (#4 of 31)
  • I took a course awhile back that was sponsored by... by Shelly Dee - Nov 1, 00 (#5 of 31)
  • I agree Carol that details are still sketchy on... by Fran Hinkel - Nov 1, 00 (#6 of 31)
  • Fran, I agree with what you are saying and I think... by Carol Diemer - Nov 1, 00 (#7 of 31)
  • When someone points a gun at you, you can't wait a... by Rob Lewis - Nov 1, 00 (#8 of 31)
  • Police officers face lots of scenarios that put... by Is_this_normal? - Nov 7, 00 (#9 of 31)
  • I don't really think that "shoot first, ask... by Rob Lewis - Nov 10, 00 (#10 of 31)
  • I definitely do not think a shoot first, ask... by Carol Diemer - Nov 12, 00 (#11 of 31)
  • I don't know of an instance in which an officer... by Rob Lewis - Nov 13, 00 (#12 of 31)
  • I heard about that on TV News... by P Marlowe - Nov 22, 00 (#13 of 31)
  • What do you suggest they do then, ask the person... by Fran Hinkel - Nov 24, 00 (#14 of 31)
  • Fran, I understand what you are saying, but in... by Carol Diemer - Nov 27, 00 (#15 of 31)
  • Please!.. by Rob Lewis - Nov 27, 00 (#16 of 31)
  • People need to take responsibility their own... by Marilyn Dickey - Nov 28, 00 (#17 of 31)
  • Rob, I'm not finding fault with that policeman... by Carol Diemer - Dec 2, 00 (#18 of 31)
  • Carol, Police departments are developing... by Rob Lewis - Dec 3, 00 (#19 of 31)
  • Just heard on the news... by Is_this_normal? - Dec 5, 00 (#20 of 31)
  • Here in the Bay Area they're shooting one another... by P Marlowe - Jan 13, 01 (#21 of 31)
  • I think the officer did the only thing he could... by Linn Bertrace - Mar 23, 04 (#22 of 31)
  • Policemen are trained to fire a weapon to disable... by P Marlowe - Mar 26, 04 (#23 of 31)
  • Marlowe, sorry, but you are wrong on that... by Fran Hinkel - May 15, 04 (#24 of 31)
  • If it is later learned that the person the police... by P Marlowe - May 16, 04 (#25 of 31)
  • Marlowe, I was just responding to this part of... by Fran Hinkel - Jul 8, 04 (#26 of 31)
  • There have been two highly questionable and... by P Marlowe - Aug 14, 04 (#27 of 31)
  • In a perfect world, there would be no guns nor any... by Fran Hinkel - Sep 7, 04 (#28 of 31)
  • Police have to make split second decisions... by Terri Buzzelli - Sep 11, 04 (#29 of 31)
  • If we had accountability we would not have the tax... by Terri Buzzelli - Sep 11, 04 (#30 of 31)
  • Boy are you and I agreement there, Terri... by P Marlowe - Oct 16, 04 (#31 of 31)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Opinion and Debate  / Accountability