[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Genres and Themes  / Locations  /

San Francisco

P Marlowe - 01:04pm Sep 5, 1998 PST
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

City of Lights, City by the Bay, The Little Apple - San Francisco has been compared to Paris, Sydney and New York. Many many movies have been filmed there as well as TV shows. Not to mention the books with this city as their setting. It has that special quality - unimaginable panorama of mountains, sea and land - dotted with grand bridges, modern skyscrapers and steep winding hills - a modern OZ.

Take notice sometime in films, books and on TV how many people are either from there, going there, have family there or once lived there. It is amazing. I am from there myself as if you couldn't tell.

• Seems to me that writers who set mysteries in San... by Rik Shepherd. - Jan 24, 99 (#1 of 9)
  • Rik Shepherd, as a displaced LA-LA lander, it's... by P Marlowe - Jan 28, 99 (#2 of 9)
  • P Marlowe : La-La land - didn't someone (whose... by Rik Shepherd. - Jan 31, 99 (#3 of 9)
  • Rik, actually there is a book (pretty good if I... by P Marlowe - Feb 7, 99 (#4 of 9)
  • The series by Robert Campbell includes Alice in La... by sysop - Feb 9, 99 (#5 of 9)
  • As a displaced San Franciscan and a seriously... by Jude Mirasola - Sep 8, 99 (#6 of 9)
  • J.A... by Dawn Dowdle - Sep 9, 99 (#7 of 9)
  • Jude; Lia Matera writes about Laura Di Palma that... by Katarina Rundgren - Sep 17, 99 (#8 of 9)
  • Jude, check out the Fremont Jones series by Dianne... by Marsha Francis - Sep 17, 99 (#9 of 9)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Genres and Themes  / Locations  / San Francisco