Learning with Mysteries

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Learning with Mysteries  / Educator-Submitted Lesson Plans  /

Witness for the Prosecution Lesson Plan

sandra berman - 05:48pm Mar 11, 1999 PST
Guest User

Have the students [high school] read Christie's story, "Witness for the Prosecution." There is ever so much material within this for various discussions. I found success using the story to get the kids to understand the basics of Amendments 4 through 6 of U. S. Constitution; a primer of their individual rights. After discussion of story, character development, plot, twists, turns, red herrings, etc., I then showed the old black and white video. Final evaluation exercise was for the class to write an essay of comparison/contrast between the story and the video. I was pleasantly shocked to discover most of the class prefered the written word to the video. It was a smashing success!

• I am a high school teacher that teaches Detective... by Misty Chermack - Feb 8, 00 (#1 of 4)
  • HI... by Eileen Mann - Jul 5, 00 (#2 of 4)
  • I am currently trying to create a thematic unit... by Shannon Christopher - Nov 28, 00 (#3 of 4)
  • Dear Eileen, I am a high school student... by Warren Ross - Dec 26, 01 (#4 of 4)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Learning with Mysteries  / Educator-Submitted Lesson Plans  / Witness for the Prosecution Lesson Plan