[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  /

A Murder Again After 60 Years - Any Ideas?

Hello all!

First, let me say I absolutely adore all of you! This place is great! Perfect for people like us with strange fixations ;)

Ok, to my problem. I started writing a murder mystery that has a time-twist. That's to say, the actual murder takes place in the 1940's, but until my heroine inherits a house and discovers the remains of the bodies approx. 2003-2004, no one has even known there's been a crime. It was a crime of passion, two people killed, a young woman and a young man.

As my home-baked sleuth starts to look into this crime, and finds out a little too much, someone tries to get rid of her.

I think I know who did the murders back in the forties, but she's an old lady by now, and I don't think she's in any condition (mentally or physically) to carry on murdering people. So who the heck is this person who's after my heroine for finding out too much? Who is he/she, and why is he/she doing this?

Any ideas, thoughts, or comments will be greatly appreciated.

-Beeker

• I'm working on a similar idea where a black man in... by David Lyttle - Jan 26, 04 (#1 of 9)
  • Hi David!.. by Beeker The Hopeful Writer - Jan 27, 04 (#2 of 9)
  • I realize I am alittle late since this is May and... by sandi hyk - May 18, 04 (#3 of 9)
  • Hello friends of mysteries, I'm new to this... by Ellis Hackler - May 30, 04 (#4 of 9)
  • Beeker: Instead of a crime of passion, why not a ... by Whispering Statue - Jun 24, 05 (#5 of 9)
  • Sorry, I forgot to tie this in to today: So, now... by Whispering Statue - Jun 24, 05 (#6 of 9)
  • hi i started writing a mystery except the suspect... by andy watt - Jul 5, 05 (#7 of 9)
  • I am most definately late in responding, but I... by The Londoner - Jun 24, 06 (#8 of 9)
  • Good advice, Londoner. by Fran Hinkel - Sep 14, 06 (#9 of 9)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  / A Murder Again After 60 Years - Any Ideas?