[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  /

In need of some ideas!!

Hello Everyone, My name is Drew Galaska and I'm a 20 year old college student who loves to write short stories. As I'm sure most of you do too, I find it to be very relaxing. Unfortunatly, I have have been under a lot of stress lately and I have come down with a bad case of writer's block. I could use the help of anyone who is willing to take a minute out of their time and offer it. I usually write short stories that would fall under a drama or thiller type catergory but I love reading mysteries and I want to try to write one. Does anyone have any good ideas for a basic plot? My least favorite part about writing is character names (I actually use numbers as names in the stories that are just for me to keep it simple), so if anyone has some neat characters names, that would be appreciated too. I will take any advice or suggestions I can get. Please dont hold back! Thanks and I hope to become a regular in this forum. -Drew

• Get a big fat 'name your baby'book and that will... by Juanita Rose Violini - Feb 22, 04 (#1 of 10)
  • Write a story about a pimp who has to find a... by Champagne Don Dill - Feb 23, 04 (#2 of 10)
  • Name the Pimp Prince Dill Velvet and the missing... by Champagne Don Dill - Feb 23, 04 (#3 of 10)
  • Try Sandy Peterson, Detective Ron, Kim Wagner,... by Brandon Irish - Aug 26, 04 (#4 of 10)
  • Drew: If you want to write a mystery, I suggest... by Whispering Statue - Jun 24, 05 (#5 of 10)
  • Drew, Don't forget the good old Sally, Jane,... by Mary Strong - Oct 11, 05 (#6 of 10)
  • Read 'Writing the Modern Mystery' by Barbara... by Juanita Rose Violini - Oct 12, 05 (#7 of 10)
  • Hello, my name is Tim and I would love to write a... by Timothy England - Aug 1, 09 (#8 of 10)
  • Tim, welcome!.. by Fran Hinkel - Aug 4, 09 (#9 of 10)
  • It's not the method that needs to be original as... by Juanita Rose Violini - Aug 4, 09 (#10 of 10)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  / In need of some ideas!!