[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  /

Locked Room/Island- Ideas?

Daniel Ewen - 04:38am May 18, 1998 PST
Guest User

I'm trying to write a mystery on an isolated island. Seven folks are on the island. Where could I get a few clue ideas. I'm thinking of murders that mirror famous movie killings, a la the Psycho shower stabbing. What clues might be left from such murders? The crime must be solved without any lab. Clues, clues, clues!

• Well, Daniel, that's the whole problem isn't it?.. by JDough - May 19, 98 (#1 of 11)
  • I think you might be able to use the lack of lab... by Alex Dent - May 20, 98 (#2 of 11)
  • Daniel- Try reading the journals of Roger Shallot... by Andreas Hager - Jun 11, 98 (#3 of 11)
  • What about using the murder of the pedophile in... by Steven Jones - Jun 11, 98 (#4 of 11)
  • If you're interested in locked rooms, read John D... by Mark J Tilford - Jun 12, 98 (#5 of 11)
  • You could leave a word or two written in the sand... by Maryann - Jul 8, 98 (#6 of 11)
  • Daniel, I agree that reading classic mysteries can... by Rebekah Meeds - Aug 5, 98 (#7 of 11)
  • Further to places to look... by Gervase Charmley - Oct 17, 98 (#8 of 11)
  • Mr... by Hugh Drummond - Nov 7, 98 (#9 of 11)
  • Oh, clues?.. by Hugh Drummond - Nov 7, 98 (#10 of 11)
  • I have the neice coming home for the summer to... by mary chrostowski - Jun 28, 00 (#11 of 11)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Elements of a Mystery  / Locked Room/Island- Ideas?