[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  /

Submission Guidelines

Patrick Preston - 07:32pm Feb 3, 2000 PST

Hello to all. I am a recent joiner and have a first draft of a mystery that I have finished. I am in the process of rewriting it, but as I do I would like to get a sense from any of you more experienced writers about formating. For instance, how do you set-off dialogue as opposed to descriptive paragraphs? Also, are there any industry standards for what constitutes 'novel length'? I currently have a manuscript of about 86,000 words. Thanks for any and all help.

• Patrick, you can find books on manuscript formats... by Mo W. - Feb 7, 00 (#1 of 10)
  • Thank you!.. by Hugh Drummond - Feb 8, 00 (#2 of 10)
  • Mo W... by Patrick Preston - Feb 9, 00 (#3 of 10)
  • I have seen the figure of 60,000 words for a... by Patrick Preston - May 12, 00 (#4 of 10)
  • I would lke to know what all is included in a... by Karen Sue Crabtree - May 13, 00 (#5 of 10)
  • Patrick... by Sarah Holmesley - May 16, 00 (#6 of 10)
  • Karen... by Sarah Holmesley - May 16, 00 (#7 of 10)
  • Karen, other helpful items to include in your... by Janet Pepsin - Dec 2, 01 (#8 of 10)
  • Patrick, When you double space a manuscript... by John Poindexter - Jan 2, 02 (#9 of 10)
  • I would be pleased to find a trick to know when or... by gloria tulloch - Apr 3, 02 (#10 of 10)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  / Submission Guidelines