•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Novel Excerpts  /

A Brand You Can Count On

Hi Everyone - Here is the prologue to the Novel I just self-published. There are another 3 chapters on my website.(www.jasontjohnson.com/excerpt.html) I'd love to know what you all think!

Prologue

The streets were empty but for the sounds of cars a block away, cruising up and down the main drag. The young woman walked quickly across the street, she hated being out alone at night. Although it was only nine o’clock, the darkness in this part of town was blanketing. With half the streetlights not working and the thick clouds covering the thin sliver of moon, she could barely see an arms length in front of her. Yet, with work being just under a fifteen-minute walk from her apartment, she couldn’t justify the expense a car would bring. She had locked up the little Internet cafe on Concord Street that her roommate owned, set the alarm, and started toward home. The Cafe had opened just two months before, after renovating the old bowling alley that had been there. The bowling alley had been closed for the last five years but her roommate had always spoken fondly of it, smiling at the memories the place held for her and for her family. How many times had she spoken about the day her parents met? How that had been the place her father fell head over heels in love with her mom. “If only everyone’s life was that good.” She said aloud. As she passed by the northern side of the big public library she thought she heard footsteps, she furtively glanced around but could not see anything out of place. “God,” She thought. “I need to cut down on the caffeine, I’m so freakin’ jumpy.” Just then a hand snaked around her neck from behind. A cloth, the smell reminding her of the hospital, quickly covered her mouth and nose. “Hello my sweet. We’re going to have some fun together. You’re very special to me. In fact,” The shadow whispered in her ear as the blackness overtook her. “You’re number one!”

Thanks for checking it out!!

Jason

Cori Brown - 06:18pm Aug 5, 2007 PST(#1 of 1)

Its Amazing!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Novel Excerpts  / A Brand You Can Count On

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: