Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Edgar Allan Poe  /

Homework Help

Edgar Allan Poe Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Want to learn more about the man behind the stories and poems? Need help on a report about Poe? Have a question about Poe that needs answering? Need to learn more about the author and his works? Post your question below and work with other Community members to find your answers!

For more about Poe, read MysteryNet's profile of Edgar Allan Poe and the full-length version of "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (90 previous messages)
Seda - 10:46pm Oct 21, 2003 PST(#91 of 104)

If you have any good info. about Poe, please tell me by sending an e-mail.

karen monrad - 07:57am Dec 2, 2003 PST(#92 of 104)

I need to know why poe's work have influenced so many writers. I've found many sides on the internet which tell me how famous he was and what his works did for later modern litterature. But why? How did he do it?!

Nadine Piyara - 08:16pm Mar 17, 2004 PST(#93 of 104)

I have to write a major essay on "Conventions Of Crime Fiction". I need to compare 'Murders In The Rue Morgue', 'The Big Sleep' and 'Anil's Ghost'. If you know any good sites that have good info on the Crime Fiction coventions in 'Murders In The Rue Morgue', then PLEASE email me!, i'm running out of time!!!!!!!!!

chelsea bailey - 08:48pm Jun 3, 2004 PST(#94 of 104)

Hey, does e.a.p write to some sort of a 'formula' that is conststant through his writting? and what techniques does he use to solve his mysteries?

please help!!!!

ASAPP!!!!! (the extra 'P' is for another 'please') thank you

Dawn Laslo - 01:52pm Oct 25, 2004 PST(#95 of 104)

I need information on Poe to use in a biographical/life-affected-writings report. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Ashley rodriguez - 02:06pm Oct 25, 2004 PST(#96 of 104)

how is the story "the tell- tale heart" parallel to edgar allan poes life??

Jeanette Rodriguez - 10:04am Dec 9, 2004 PST(#97 of 104)

What are some major events that affected poe? What was society like at the time when poe wrote? What rituals/religion/customs might have affected poe? What art or music might have affected poe? What previous authors had an effect on poe? how did they affect poe?

jaclyn hannah - 09:39am Feb 1, 2005 PST(#98 of 104)

was wondering exactly what kind of genre poe created. modern mystery genre? or something else jaclyn hannah

Kimmy Hadrich - 01:18pm Apr 4, 2005 PST(#99 of 104)

Does anyone know if POE was an anarchist or marxist? I need to know what kind of democracy he was into...

Verdella B - 11:18am Apr 5, 2005 PST(#100 of 104)

I am writing a research essay on Poe and I need help. I have four questions that I need to answer in my research paper. 1. How did the events in Poe's life affect his writing? 2. What were the major influences of his writing? 3. What inspired the melancholy imagery and themes in Poe's writing? 4. How do the critics of today respond to Poe's work opposed to the critics of his day?

christian navarro - 08:12pm Oct 11, 2005 PST(#101 of 104)

hi everyone!!!! can you help me please? im currently writing on the analysis of poe's "murders in the rue morgue"....

HELP ME!!!!

cant find any reading material here in the philippines, can someone help me???

thanks n advance...

my email: nemesis_bpsc@yahoo.com

Kendra wester - 07:21pm Dec 3, 2006 PST(#102 of 104)

how did poe crave a connection with the after lifde? please email me back my email is lil_miss_attitude_692005@yahoo.com

e_gyptfreak - 10:41am Oct 6, 2007 PST(#103 of 104)

I have to find 20 facts about Poe's literary works, and influences they've either had on others, or what influenced him to write them. Everywhere i go it's just about his life, and if i do find info about his works i always get the exact same info. anyone wanna help me out?

alexa white - 06:39pm Nov 5, 2007 PST(#104 of 104)

Hey, I have to write a eulogy about Poe and I need some help! I have to make it sound like I know him!! If you know any thing that would help please let me know! Thank you!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Edgar Allan Poe  / Homework Help

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: