Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  /

Van Gieson, Judith

Judith Van Gieson has written eight Neil Hamel novels including Ditch Rider, HotShots, Parrot Blues, The Lies That Bind, The Wolf Path, The Other Side of Death, Raptor, and North of the Border.

Like Neil, Judith lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Please discuss her work below

Sondra Chang - 11:36am Jun 11, 1999 PST(#1 of 3)

Am really excited to read her lastest book!

Esther Lee - 11:22am Aug 16, 1999 PST(#2 of 3)

Where is Babylon?

Tana McLane - 01:29pm Jan 3, 2000 PST(#3 of 3)

Hi Judith. I've enjoyed all your novels for years. Am wondering what you're working on now and when it will be out. I'd love to see Neil spend more time in the Taos/Ghost Ranch area and delve into the indigenous peoples of that area more. I wonder what she would do with that? Also: what are your feelings about Susan Wade's "Walking Rain?" I truly loved that work. I read almost exclusively in the strong-female mystery genre these days. Am getting tired of them all getting into jams where they're physically threatened and have to fight their way out of the situation. I know violence happens, but I have had a varied and exciting life -- including my share of conflict -- and I have never had to physically fight my way out of a situation. Nor do I expect to.

Your first novel in this series was truly edgy and wonderful and I think I read it twice before I ever discovered you'd written anything else. Its conclusion surprised me more than the others, which I don't quite remember as well. I did like "Ditch Rider" for its conundrums and its setting.

Again, I eagerly await anything new that you write. I am a fan.

--tana mclane (Tallahassee, Florida)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  / Van Gieson, Judith

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: