Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  /

Wingfield, R.D.

ANNE GIBSON - 11:52am Nov 6, 1998 PST
Guest User

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO HAS DISCOVERED THE JACK FROST MYSTERIES BY R. D. WINGFIELD? UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE ONLY THREE OF THEM THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND, WISH MR. WINGFIELD WOULD WRITE SOME MORE.

Tori Beattie - 07:15am Nov 10, 1998 PST(#1 of 5)

Hi, Ann I have read the three Jack Frost novels as well as enjoy the TV series a Touch of Frost. I wish Wingfield would write more as well. Frost is such a lovable lout. Have you read the Inspector Morse series by Colin Dexter?

Godfrey - 02:37pm Nov 11, 1998 PST(#2 of 5)

Anne - RD Wingfield has actually published 4 books (that I can find): "Frost at Christmas", "A Touch of Frost", "Night Frost" & "Hard Frost". I find the character displayed in the novels as more harsh and less likeable than the one portrayed in the tv series. This also seems to be the case in the "Morse" tv series, they have made him more charming on tv then the character is in the books.

ANNE GIBSON - 04:32pm Nov 14, 1998 PST(#3 of 5)

TORI AND GODFREY, THANKS FOR YOUR REPONSES. YES, I HAVE READ THE MORSE NOVELS AND AGREE THEY ARE VERY GOOD. I HAVE TRIED TO OBTAIN INFO ON RODNEY D WINGFIELD BY WRITING HIS PUBLISHER. THEIR RESPONSE WAS A CURRENT CATALOG OF THEIR PRODUCTS. I HAVE E-MAILED A COUPLE OF BOOK STORES IN LONDON BUT THEIR RESPONSE WAS THEY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT "AUTUMN FROST' OR MR. WINGFIELD.

YES, JACK FROST IS A LOUT, BUT HE IS ENTERTAINING. HE SEEMS TO BE A CROSS BETWEEN PETER FALK'S COLUMBO AND PETER SELLERS' INSPECTOR CLOUSEAU.

ANNE

Diane Price - 04:48pm Nov 23, 1998 PST(#4 of 5)

I too love Inspector Frost! I've only seen the tv series. I've never been able to locate his books. I was beginning to believe it was only a made-for-tv series. Love the character from the tv, but,gosh, he needs a good woman, doesn't he?

Nikki Kozen - 10:50am Mar 13, 1999 PST(#5 of 5)

Hi. Does anybody know of any new Frost books? At the front of Frost at Christmas it says comming soon Autumn Frost. I have visited many books stores looking for it and I haven't found it. Does any body know anything about it?

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors U - Z  / Wingfield, R.D.

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: