Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Private Eyes & Detectives  /

Moonlighting

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (2 previous messages)
P Marlowe - 08:31am Aug 15, 1998 PST(#3 of 12)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

The two finally had a thing and, if I remember right, she got pregnant. But she was seeing an old fling too. So I'm not sure if she stayed with Addison or went off with old fling.

Susan Sarkies - 10:47am Jan 17, 1999 PST(#4 of 12)

I believe she stayed with Addison, however the baby was for the old fling. Addison offered marriage and a life regardless of the parentage of the child. I enjoyed the 'reparte' the two had. I must admit however that I am not a big fan of Cyblil Shepard, since this show ended. Bruce Willis was a surprising fascination. He has gone on to be quite "big" since the show. Wish she would do something better than the "lame comedies" she has done since. Of course, maybe it's just me. I love a good mystery over a silly sit-com anyday!

P Marlowe - 08:09pm Feb 8, 1999 PST(#5 of 12)

I prefer watching grass grow to most sit-coms anyway.

Bob S. - 06:54pm Jun 10, 1999 PST(#6 of 12)

Actually, Maddie had a miscarriage (it was David's baby). The series ended with the two of them talking, I believe on the steps outside the studio. Not really much of a finale.

Irene Whittaker - 12:01pm Sep 10, 1999 PST(#7 of 12)

Does anyone remember the episode that had Judd Nelson and Whoopi GOldberg as guest stars? It was positively surreal.

One of my favorite Moonlighting episodes was the "Taming of the Shrew" take off they did-- funny and postmodern.

Jilly F. - 08:34am Sep 13, 1999 PST(#8 of 12)

I think the Taming of the Shrew was my favorite. Two others that stand out were...

the one with the cross dressing husband where David and Maddie along with the husband and wife were all running through a hotel in the same black dress and veil.

And the black and white flashback episode where the two of them imagined themselves in a thirties jazz club setting, with two different points of view.

I loved that show, but I agree that the last season pretty much stunk. They had such chemistry before they got together, after that it fizzled. I hope Mulder and Scully never make that mistake. (X-Files for those who might not know)

James Fry - 03:52am Mar 24, 2000 PST(#9 of 12)

Okay, here's some obscure trivia for you guys: Opposite MOONLIGHTING, NBC was airing a detective show called RIPTIDE. It premiered a few years before MOONLIGHTING and starred Perry King , Joe (JAKE AND THE FATMAN) Penny and Thom Bray as a trio of detectives who lived on a houseboat and whose arsenal included an ugly helicopter and a silly robot. What does all this have to do with Dave and Maddie? Only this: RIPTIDE was never a big hit (I dare you to find five people who can remember it without a LOT of prodding), but its ratings were always respectable enough for NBC to renew it year after year....until it was put on opposite MOONLIGHTING! Dave and Maddie blew the RIPTIDE boys right out of the water,pun intended. So RIPTIDE decided to get a little of their own back: . In the show's final episode ,the operators of the Riptide Detective Agency get out of the private eye game and become technical consultants on a television series about two bickering detectives who were secretly hot for each other. Needless to say, the male detective was a lovable smartass with a thing for old Motown tunes and his partner was a beautiful, blonde, extremely uptight former model.The title of the episode? "If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em". It was a dead-solid-perfect parody of MOONLIGHTING, as well as an affectionate farewell salute to their ratings adversary. I'm still trying to get a copy on tape, since I've long considered it the best episode of MOONLIGHTING that was never an episode of MOONLIGHTING.

P Marlowe - 08:31pm Apr 7, 2000 PST(#10 of 12)

Thanks for that bit of trivia, James Fry. I always love it when people are paying attention.

As to the series - I'm not a big Shepherd fan and thought the everyone carried her, although she was okay. Bruce Willis made Moonlighting and has gone on as an actor to prove why. Each time I've seen him lately, he is definitely becoming especially in roles like The Sixth Sense and the subversive General in The Siege which by the way was a very good film.

Chakita Del Rio - 06:48pm Jul 28, 2000 PST(#11 of 12)

The first two years of Moonlighting, before Bruce Willis became his "Bruno" alterego, he was absolutely the best of the best. Hasn't been anyone to match him since. The chemistry was so fabulous between the two leads, but alas, egos ran rampant and the show was never the same.

But oh, those first two years!!!!!!

park chun ju - 05:25am Oct 22, 2000 PST(#12 of 12)

...thank message

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Private Eyes & Detectives  / Moonlighting

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: