•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  /

The Games Pool

Host Instructions

If it's your turn to host in Post n Go Old n New, but you're stuck for ideas, then why not try one of these games here? Just copy the text out of any one of the games here in it's entirety, and use it for your game!

All you need to do is add the appropriate topic, and you're ready to go!

New Idea instructions

If you have an idea for a game, but you can't wait for your turn to come up at Post n Go: Old n New, then you can just go ahead and post it here. Stevie B will update the links in the header when he has a minute or two to spare.

Important: Posts made here may be edited so that they follow the same format as the other games. Posts may also be edited to ensure that the html codes appear correctly for others to copy. By posting here, you are agreeing to allow any MN moderator to edit your posts. So if you have trouble with HTML codes, don't worry about it; someone else will come along and sort it out for you.

Please note that whilst your posts may be edited without discussion for formatting; as a courtesy, changes to rules and content will generally be done after discussion at Post n Go Comments. If you have any comments or suggestions about any of the games, please make them at Post n Go Comments. This area is for game rules only; all other posts will be deleted.

The Games
Key: (R) Regular game; (V) Voting Game
Storytime Consequences (long) (R)
Storytime Consequences (short) (R)
So, what's your story? (V)
Headliners (V)
The End (V)
Useless Factfinder's Mission (V)
White Lies (V)
Punorama! (V)
It's Like This (V)
Cover of the Book! (V)
What's the Link...(V)
Cross Up (V)
Horrorscopes (V)
Seltit Ynnup (V)
Sharp Sentences (R)
Tongue Twisters (V)

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (11 previous messages)
Stevie B - 02:05pm Aug 19, 2008 PST(#12 of 16)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

<b>Cross Up</b> <br>
<br>
<i>Created by White Tornado</i><br>
<br>
Rather simple. The host provides the classic question: What do you get when you cross a ___________ with a ___________? Entrants use any characteristics of the two subjects they wish to come up with the end result of the Cross Up.<br>
<br>
<i>EXAMPLE<br>
What do you get when you cross a a police car with Kmart?<br>
One potential response: A red and blue light special
</i><br>
<br>
At the end of the game, the Host will call for votes and the winner gets to be the next host.

Stevie B - 02:08pm Aug 19, 2008 PST(#13 of 16)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

<b>Horrorscopes</b><br>
<br>
<i>Created by Stevie B</i><br>
<br>
As the name suggests, the players create bad horoscopes. The host will give us a PERSON or future EVENT for evereyone to do a horroscope.<br>
<br>
At the end of the game, the Host will call for votes and the winner gets to be the next host.

Stevie B - 02:15pm Aug 29, 2008 PST(#14 of 16)

<b>Seltit Ynnup</b><br>
<br>
As the name suggests, this is a reverse of the P&S game Punny Titles. In the original game, the Teaser Master would describe a little scene, and everyone else has to guess what phrase/book/play/song/etc is being alluded to.<br>
<br>
Here, it is played in reverse. The Host gives everyone a phrase/book/film/song title/play/etc, and everyone is invited to write a scene that would describe it - the punnier the better! Players may include the punned-title in their entry, or leave it out (like what happens in Punny Titles)<br>
<br>

Stevie B - 05:44am Jan 16, 2009 PST(#15 of 16)

<b>Sharp Sentences</b><br>
<br>
<i>Created by Sarah Sharp, adapted for P&G by Stevie B</i><br>
<br>
Have a look at this non-sensical paragraph:<br>
<br>
Last Thursday you understood dealing gigantic chameleons should determine eventual losses. Sometimes sensitive exact trial lists seem most timely yet the eventual lists seems so obtuse even networking gives some errors. Since each helping guide evicts some eventual legion, never realising giant tortoises should destroy you using giant turtles.<br>
<br>
That doesn't make a lot of sense, but you will hopefully have noticed that the last letter of each word is the first letter of the next word.<br>
<br>
<b>The rules:</b> <br>
<br>
So what happens is this. The first player starts a sentence with a minimum of five words, where the last letter of each word starts the next word. The next person copies those words into their post, and adds a mimimum of 5 more words. The following player copies all the previous text into their post, and adds a minimum of 5 more words.<br>
<br>
Punctuation may be added at any point to help keep things vaguely understandable<br>
<br>
This carries on until someone brings it to an end with the (appropriate) phrase "The End". <br>
<br>
The person who concludes the story gets to be the host of the next game, which may be another of these story consequences, or a new game altogether.<br>
<br>
Alternatively, if there is no activity for 2 days, then anyone can become the host of the next game (be it hosting this game or any other game)<br>
<br>
<b>Game variant:</b> <br>
The host may decide to set a topic for the current game which people should try and stick to, although deviating from the topic will almost certainly happen!

Stevie B - 03:20pm Aug 24, 2009 PST(#16 of 16)

<b>Tongue Twisters</b><br>
<br>
Technically artistic and artfully sadistic and a mouthful of mumbles - that's a tongue twister!<br>
<br>
Here, the host will set a topic, and everyone is invited to write a tongue twister.<br>
<br>
Or to put it another way... The Host must pick a topic to post that most MNers know so they go and show that they can compose prose that fits the gist of the subject. <br>
<br>
At the end of the game, the Host will call for votes and the winner gets to be the next host.<br>
<br>
Or... One day, someday, generally Friday, the Host may say that they (well everyone) may vote. Host tallies and all is rated and stated and the new host is greeted not berated

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  / The Games Pool

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: