•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Sherlock Holmes  /

Your Favorites

It seems that everyone has a favorite Holmes story. What story really kept the pages turning for you? Also, you can use this Discussion to talk about your favorite villians, etc. What intrigues you most? Share an opinion and have fun!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (20 previous messages)
eric thiergood - 10:30am Jan 18, 2005 PST(#21 of 32)

My class is starting to read the baker street irregular. I've never read a Sherlock Holmes novel but love mysteries. If you have any info about sherlock holmes please e-mail it to me at edubthiergood@yahoo.com THANKS

Joseph Mazzaferro - 03:57pm Mar 1, 2005 PST(#22 of 32)

One of my favorite Sherlock Holmes adventure has to be The Red headed league can you image the cleverness of the criminal using such a method so thay can gain excess to his basement.How ingenouse these minds are to plot that is so thought out thay can wait till the right man comes along.

NicoleRae - 01:18pm Sep 9, 2005 PST(#23 of 32)

The author of Sherlock Holmes (can you believe I forgot his name?) is an AMAZING writer. I could never have thought up anything even half as interesting as all the books he has written!

Fille_corbeau - 09:58pm Nov 7, 2005 PST(#24 of 32)

Doyle's "Scandal in Bohemia" sort of resemble Poe's "The Purloined Letter". But so far, I like "Scandal in Bohemia" among the other Holmes stories^^

Hector Quesada - 04:08pm Jan 23, 2006 PST(#25 of 32)

Can anyone tell me all the names of the sherlock books?

Fran Hinkel - 08:30am Mar 3, 2006 PST(#26 of 32)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Hector

Sherlock Holmes novels:

1887 - A Study in Scarlet 1890 - The Sign of Four 1902 - The Hound of the Baskervilles 1915 - The Valley of Fear

Sherlock Holmes short story collections:

1892 - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes 1894 - The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes 1905 - The Return of Sherlock Holmes 1917 - His Last Bow 1927 - The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes 1928 - The Complete Sherlock Holmes Short Stories

Andreas George - 05:59pm Apr 13, 2008 PST(#27 of 32)

I personally liked the hound of the baskervilles, the last chapters were very suspenseful

Aditya Desai - 03:44am Feb 23, 2009 PST(#28 of 32)

There is not a Sherlock Holmes story I havent liked. He was the one who got me addicted to mysteries in the first place. The very first story I read was the Red Headed League and it still remains one of my favourite but the one I like the most is The Hound of Baskervilles. Reading that story still gives me the chills its superbly written

bt10 - 03:49pm Feb 4, 2010 PST(#29 of 32)

My favorite Sherlock Holmes story is "A Scandal in Bohemia" . I watched a movie called Young Sherlock Holmes which puts forth the life and adventures of needless to say "young" sherlock holmes and deals with the reason why he may feel the way he does about women. I would like to think he could have loved Irene Adler and have always thought that even before the latest movie came out. Which I enjoyed by the way.

sandipan pathok - 12:28am May 20, 2010 PST(#30 of 32)

Honestly speaking, I didn't know a single word about Mr.Holmes until last 3 months. Bt now apart from 1 novel and 4 short stories, I have fired out all the CANONS(I mean all the Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!)THEY ALL ARE BAMBLOOZING!!!! The PENTA FAVORITO (my favourit 5 stories) are-- A SCANDAL IN BOHEMIA, THE RED HEADED LEAGUE, A STUDY IN SCARLET, THE HOUND OF BASCARVILLE and last but not the least SIGN OF FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!I AM STILL ADDICTED.......

sudheerjk - 06:07pm Aug 31, 2010 PST(#31 of 32)

Which story was it where both Holmes and Dr. Watson sneak into the antagonist's house to steal a document (love letter/blackmail), and then witness a murder of him, and then run away

Rik Shepherd - 07:56am Sep 1, 2010 PST(#32 of 32)
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise (Margaret Atwood)

That was Charles Augustus Milverton, first published in the April 1904 issue of The Strand and the 26 March issue of Collier's Weekly, published in the collection The Return of Sherlock Holmes in 1905.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Sherlock Holmes  / Your Favorites

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: