Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  / Post - n - Solve Help Folder  /

The Post-n-Solve FAQ

Created by Stevie B

1 How do I play games in Post and Solve?
2 I've solved a puzzle - now what?
3 How do I post in Bold (or italics)
4 All the text has come out on one line, but I know I pressed enter each time
5 My text won't line up properly
6 What other HTML codes can I use?
7 My post has disappeared!
8 Something's come up and I can't carry on hosting this puzzle. What should I do?
9 I have an idea for a game. Can I post it, please?
10 I'm not entirely happy with something in Post -n- Solve. What should I do?

Please Note: Please do not post in this discussion. Any unauthorised posts will be deleted - sorry! If you have any questions or comments, please post them here

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (7 previous messages)
Stevie B - 09:22am Feb 5, 2004 PST(#8 of 10)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

8 Something has come up and I cannot carry on hosting this puzzle. What should I do?

The one thing you should not do is post the solution and leave the game open for anyone else to take over. This is the best way of getting the game to stall. Also, please do not arbitarily hand the game over to the last person who has got something right - it may be that this person does not want to host, but still wants to play. If that happens, then they are likely to just open it up to anyone to take over, and the game could still stall.

If you have time, please ask if someone is willing to take over hosting on your behalf, and email them the solution. If you do not have the time for that, then please email both Eeva or Chris Wise, and one of them will be glad to take over. Include in your e-mail the name of the P&S you are hosting and the solution of your puzzle.

Stevie B - 09:26am Feb 5, 2004 PST(#9 of 10)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

9 I have an idea for a game. Can I post it, please?

Not straight away. First of all you need to find out whether or not there is an interest in this game. Post your idea in Post-n-Solve Comments to see if anyone would be interested in playing. If they are, then email your suggested header text to Eeva or Chris Wise, who will put your header into the standard format for Post and Solve Puzzles. Don't worry, you will be credited with the game.

Not all game ideas are accepted though, so please don't be disheartened if your idea is turned down. It may be for any number of reasons. The main reasons for games not being accepted are:

• A game like this has been tried before, but ultimately didn't work
  • The game will be too complicated to play
  • The game did not generate enough interest
  • The game may be better suited to another part of Mystery Net, in which case you'll be advised how to get your game there.

An alternative route to getting your game up is by using the P&S Test Lab. Providing there isn't a game in play, you can trial your idea there. This area can also be used for one-off games that you have no intention of running as a full game. See the game header for full details on how to use this feature.

• Stevie B - 04:48am Mar 1, 2004 PST(#10 of 10)

10 I'm not entirely happy with something in Post -n- Solve. What should I do?

You have a few options, depending on the nature of your problem. If you are proposing a rule change, be it specific to one game or a general change of Post -n- Solve policy, then I would suggest opening a discussion in POST -n- SOLVE COMMENTS. Should there be a general agreement, then the chances are that your proposal would be adopted.

If your problem is something that you would rather not discuss openly (particularly if relates to someone else), then I would suggest you e-mail either Eeva or Chris Wise and we will gladly try to sort out your problem. If the problem concerns either of us, please still feel free to approach us directly. Our goal is to keep Post -n- Solve a fun part of Mystery Net, but we realise that we cannot please all the people all of the time, so if we have upset anyone, please be assured it was purely unintentional. We would rather you approach us directly and air your views than quietly seethe and leave MN. However, if you would rather not approach us (and we can appreciate that this may sometimes be the case), then please email Fran Hinkel.

Please be assured that all emails will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We also aim to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible. Please be aware though that this still might take a few days. Much as the three of us love being on Mystery Net, we all do (believe it or not) have a life outside of MN, and sometimes cannot always get to our computers.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  / Post - n - Solve Help Folder  / The Post-n-Solve FAQ

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: