•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  /

Trivia

Created by Dave Batchelder

In this puzzle, you have to find the answer to the host's Trivia question. This can be about
- an obscure fact
- the meaning of an outdated, unused or non-English word
- something that can be found on the MN boards

A player who immediately recognizes the correct answer may wish to sit back and let other players work out the solution for themselves. Internet searches are not allowed at first, unless indicated differently by the host. If the game stalls or reaches the time limit, the host can allow searches to get the game back on track. The first player to answer the trivia question to the host's satisfaction wins the next turn.

Do take into account that Triva, like all P&S games, is meant for short, fast-moving puzzles. If you have a more complicated, even multi-questions, trivia fact, please consider editing it into a Classic Teaser and e-mailing it to Fran Hinkel

All the usual P&S guidelines apply. These Tips and Resources can help you to create a new puzzle. If you have questions regarding hosting and posting, check out the FAQ. Have fun!

Current Trivia

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (8262 previous messages)
Elisha Dawes - 01:05pm Sep 2, 2013 PST(#8263 of 8275)

BrashNZ - A music score? yes

DeeGee and Lupin: thanks for playing. No to your answers, tho.

Written about 1791 (probably begun about 1787 and finished as late as 1795) ... A music score

BrashNZ - 10:39pm Sep 3, 2013 PST(#8264 of 8275)
My real name is Ashley, I play Brass, I live in New Zealand. So you can just call me Ashley or Ash if you want.

Busy days ... ...

Might have to google it.

Lupin - 11:58am Sep 5, 2013 PST(#8265 of 8275)

How about guessing the composer? Mozart? Haydn? Beethoven? Rosetti?

... and the two worst musical puns according to the DENSA bureau ...

When asked by the king if he could play the Messiah, Beethoven answered, "I think I can handel it."

Mozart spent a full day looking for his piano: it was haydn.

Martha Dumas - 06:49pm Sep 7, 2013 PST(#8266 of 8275)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

Hmmm Mozart died in 1791 and his last work was a Requiem. I don't recall offhand if he actually completed it before his death or if others took up that task.

BrashNZ - 08:29pm Sep 7, 2013 PST(#8267 of 8275)
My real name is Ashley, I play Brass, I live in New Zealand. So you can just call me Ashley or Ash if you want.

Or else Mozart? Beethoven?

Just guesses, without googling a specific answer.

DeeGee - 11:37am Sep 8, 2013 PST(#8268 of 8275)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Written about 1791 (probably begun about 1787 and finished as late as 1795) ... A music score

The wedding march?

Elisha Dawes - 10:57am Sep 9, 2013 PST(#8269 of 8275)

Lupin: Yes, Beethoven! You did Handel it - wasn't Haydn for you :)

Martha: so - sorry, not Mozart

BrashNZ - Yes, Beethoven!

DeeGee - Not the wedding march

Beethoven's musical score. Written about 1791 (probably begun about 1787 and finished as late as 1795)

DeeGee - 12:28pm Sep 9, 2013 PST(#8270 of 8275)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

something by Mendelssohn?

Elisha Dawes - 06:21am Sep 22, 2013 PST(#8271 of 8275)

not Mendelssohn, DeeGee ....

Beethoven's _______

Rik Shepherd - 10:59am Sep 22, 2013 PST(#8272 of 8275)
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise (Margaret Atwood)

Ninth?

(I'm sure he wrote a First, and a Second... but it's usually the Ninth)

Elisha Dawes - 06:09am Sep 30, 2013 PST(#8273 of 8275)

Rik - Ninth? nopers

(I'm sure he wrote a First, and a Second... but it's usually the Ninth) Well, Rik: to get to his ninth, wouldn't the previous numbers come first? (Answer: yes :)

HINT: One of his earliest symphonies

Beethoven's _______

Rik Shepherd - 03:21pm Sep 30, 2013 PST(#8274 of 8275)
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise (Margaret Atwood)

Third.

Or First.

Fran Hinkel - 05:38am Nov 2, 2013 PST(#8275 of 8275)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Ping!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  / Trivia

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: