•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Opinion and Debate  /

Death Penalty for Rape?

In Mississippi,a man was found guilty of raping 3 children,ages 5,7, and 9--He was HIV positive at the time,which he knew--Since AIDS,despite new drug treatments,is still a death sentence for 40% of infected people,the jury sentenced him to death--Do you think this sentence was appropriate,or not?

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (48 previous messages)
William Pratt III - 06:00am Feb 5, 2004 PST(#49 of 58)

A controversy is developing here in florida over the use of one of the drugs used during executions--It is called pancucronium bromide--Defense lawyers are claiming that the drug causes suffocation before the killer loses consciousness--The Supreme CT said too bad and allowed the execution of John Robinson to take place last night--Now I ask what is the big deal? Who cares if a murderer suffocates before he's executed? The victims family sure doesn't care--Robinson was executed for a crime back in 1985--He picked up a stranded woman motorist,31 yr old Beverly St. George,took her to a cemetery,raped her,and then shot her in the head

kirsten b - 06:13am Feb 5, 2004 PST(#50 of 58)

They definately go to far with their "cruel and unusual" I think they should kill people in the way they took care of their victims.

Wiliam Pratt III - 03:44am Feb 6, 2004 PST(#51 of 58)

Breaking News: What the whole country feared has come true: Pretty little 11 yr old Carlie Bruscia's body has been found,brutally murdered(and probably raped),behind a church--A suspect,Joseph Smith is in custody,believed to be the man,seen on tape,accosting herbehind a carwash--This kind of revolting crime is why we have the death penalty and its crimes like these are why the death penalty will never ever go away--Let's hope this smith guy suffers that horrible suffocation feeling just before he's executed--My prayers are for little Carlie and her poor family

Marilyn Dickey - 08:32pm Feb 9, 2004 PST(#52 of 58)
This Too Shall Pass

Here, Here.

P Marlowe - 09:29pm Mar 25, 2004 PST(#53 of 58)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

What do most of you think is the leading contributing factor to why there are so many rapes in this country? Why do men, you’d never suspect, rape? And why is there so much violence directed at women by men, period?

Being a woman, born and raised in the USA, this rising violence concerns me greatly. Spousal abuse is practically institutionalized; no doubt a result of hundreds of years of practice, predominantly by Western Europeans. Middle Eastern men subjugate their women other ways, mostly by striping them of their status and identities.

Don't mean to go on a rant, but just wonder what leads to all this violence? What are we as women doing anyway?

Fran Hinkel - 04:55am May 15, 2004 PST(#54 of 58)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I don't know, Marlowe, I think there is a significant increase in violent crimes in general, not just crimes directed at women.

The "little woman" used to go to high school, maybe a few years of college, get married and stay at home with the kids. I think women today are more "out there", making them more of a visible target.

Pure conjection here, but is it possible that some men feel threatened by woman's new role in the workplace, leading to anger, frustration and a desire to assert themselves over women in a violent manner?

I guess there is also always those testosterone-challenged kind of men who would never take on a man, but get their power lording it over a woman.

As women more and more find their place in society, my dearest wish is that they will learn that they never, never have to tolerate abuse. I will never understand the woman who repeatedly goes back for more, either from the same person, or by choosing the same type of man over and over again.

P Marlowe - 02:35am May 16, 2004 PST(#55 of 58)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

Hi, Fran. There is maybe more truth than anyone cares to admit in your conjecture that "some" American men feel threatened by "some" American women.

But if this is true, then it certainly does not say a whole lot for the male personality, especially if it is that fragile.

Fran Hinkel - 07:55am Jul 8, 2004 PST(#56 of 58)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Well, let's remember it is just "some" male personalities, LOL!

chrissy smith - 07:46am Apr 21, 2006 PST(#57 of 58)

of course he deserved everything he got and more.what if that was your daughter? would you want him dead. I would ! IS HE SMOKIN CRACK!! from friend serena fox reading this w/ chrissy: I think all those perv people should be in a carfully monitered nut house. hE'S PSYCO 101.!!!!!! P.S 5,7,9 PRETTY YOUNG DONT U THINK. HE DESERVES IT i mean people can get in trouble for harrassing people but this is much farther than that. so get a life

Anneliese Clancey - 11:06am Sep 12, 2006 PST(#58 of 58)

I think he deserved the death sentence not just because he infected the kids with aid but because he raped them. rape should be punishable by death.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Opinion and Debate  / Death Penalty for Rape?

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: