Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Private Eyes & Detectives  /

TVLand Detectives

P Marlowe - 02:26am Dec 11, 1999 PST
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

Do like Mannix, Dragnet and Kojak re-runs, they all bring back memories. Would love to see Peter Gunn, 77 Sunset Strip, and Hawaiian Eye too. Perhaps I should write them.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (10 previous messages)
Fair_Maiden - 06:22pm Jul 23, 2002 PST(#11 of 21)
a.k.a. chalice1999, chally, chal, Maria

not Miami Vice??

• shrugging shoulders*....

• Deborah "Debbe"Ryan - 12:56pm Jul 24, 2002 PST(#12 of 21)

Why is it that the shows from the 60s seem better than the shows of today? Even the somewhat hokey ones were better?

Fair_Maiden - 07:00pm Jul 24, 2002 PST(#13 of 21)
    a.k.a. chalice1999, chally, chal, Maria

I agree..I love all kinds of old movies..myself..and have a great affinity for them!

I admit also I loved Dragnet ..even though it was later than the 40's..haha

P Marlowe - 12:23pm Jul 27, 2002 PST(#14 of 21)
    Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

joanne.swaine

Not "Magnum P.I." for sure. "Hawaiian Eye" was set in Hawaii, but that's 60s and I don't remember a Jeep, although there was a bar. Robert Conrad was in that one.

Rockford drove an old beatup Pontiac Firebird, I think.

We all know what Colombo drives. As to Sonny Crockett in "Miami Vice" like Thomas Magnum his tastes ran Italian and expensive.

Dan Tanna (the late great Robert Urich) drove a '56 Ford Thunderbird - what a honey, both Urich and the car.

Just don't remember a Jeep on an island associated with a Private Eye.

And reduncant to say, I'm a huge P.I. and Cop Show fan and watched them all going back to 77 Sunset Strip, Burke's Law, Honey West, Hawaiian Eye and many I can not remember titles of.

L Furball - 01:22am Sep 10, 2003 PST(#15 of 21)

I am trying to remember the name of a detective series that was on in the early eighties. It was similar to Moonlighting, as it had a male/female pair as the stars. It didn't last very long because the male half of the duo was playing with a prop gun and shot himself (too bad cause he was a HUNK). Can anyone help me out? Thanks

K Fortman - 09:01pm Aug 9, 2005 PST(#16 of 21)

L Furball I believe that the name of the show you are looking for is Cover Up. I have never seen this show but saw the actor, Jon-Erik Hexum in his earlier series, Voyagers.

I am also looking for the name to a show I saw in the eighties. It was about a woman (went by Alex I believe) who wanted to be a cop, but promised her father on his deathbed that she wouldn't be, so she became a private detective. Her brother promised their father he would be a cop even though he really didn't want to be one.

Tysonneil - 07:43pm Dec 28, 2005 PST(#17 of 21)

Joanna,

It sounds like you are describing "Sweating Bullets" aka "Tropical Heat". Supposedly it was set in the Florida Keys but was made in a few different countries. It starred Rob Stewart, Carolyn Dunn, and Ian Tracy who was the guy who ran the "Tropical Heat" Bar.

I loved Sweating Bullets myself. Partly because I have on old Jeep and loved the theme.

Thanks,

Ty

Kris Brier - 03:04am May 21, 2006 PST(#18 of 21)

does anyone know the name of a show where the guy ran his own agency. the show was narrated by the main character. his friend hawk was alway's getting him out of trouble. i think it was in the 80's. can anyone help me out? Thanks,

Fran Hinkel - 04:58am May 26, 2006 PST(#19 of 21)
    You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Are you, perhaps, referring to Spencer for Hire? His sidekick was Hawk, played by Avery Brooks.

Greg Thompson - 09:07am Feb 15, 2007 PST(#20 of 21)

I miss some of the old shows and some of the possibilities that different characters on them might bring to their own series. Like Dennis Stanton from "Murder She Wrote" or Ken Milansky from "Perry Mason Movies " Sonny Crocket's first car was a Daytona kit car with a f/glass body and Corvette running gear by the way.

Chris Hansen - 12:23pm Oct 31, 2009 PST(#21 of 21)
    Waterloo,Iowa

Hello All-- I agree with most of you that TV Land should revive all those late 50s-early 60s Warner Bros detective shows. It would be cool to view them now (as an adult). Wonder if we would still enjoy them?

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / TV Mystery Shows  / Private Eyes & Detectives  / TVLand Detectives

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: