Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Christie Character Portrayals - Big Screen, The Tube and Radio  /

Computer Games

Missy Sweesy - 11:05pm Jul 23, 2005 PST
Life has a way of finding you, no matter how artistic a sneak you are.---Keeper proverb---Thief: The Dark Project.

Well, we all know (perhaps?) there was a graphics/text game on the PC called "The Scoop". Now there's a new PC Game coming out soon: Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None The Adventure Company 09/01/05 North America I can't believe it!! I got the information from Gamefaqs, and they're not usually wrong unless game companies change the release dates. I will be picking this up, and I'll let you know how it is. I am collecting Adventure Co/Dreamcatcher games, so I know their quality. They are the best at puzzle games. Very little combat, if any, is involved, which is best for me. I'll keep you all posted about this. Btw, I have "The Scoop" zipped if anyone wants to try it. It's impossible to find nowadays.

Missy Sweesy - 06:02pm Jul 30, 2005 PST(#1 of 10)
Life has a way of finding you, no matter how artistic a sneak you are.---Keeper proverb---Thief: The Dark Project.

Here is some more info on this game, and there's to be 4 more produced over the next 6 years!! I think I'm happy about this.

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/press/releases/pdf/The_Adventure_Company_Announces_And_Then_There_Were_None.pdf

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/14/news_6093463.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/03/news_6117876.html

Missy Sweesy - 02:51pm Aug 11, 2005 PST(#2 of 10)

Here is the main page for the game, with some screenshots. They've changed the indians to sailors---for politically correct reasons I assume. I emailed their Marketing director, so hopefully he'll keep me informed of the progress of this game.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/tac/agatha_attwn/index.html

Missy Sweesy - 05:07pm Sep 19, 2005 PST(#3 of 10)

The date of release is changed to 11/08/05.

Fran Hinkel - 07:40am Nov 21, 2005 PST(#4 of 10)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Yep, looks like it is now available!

Missy Sweesy - 04:33pm Nov 23, 2005 PST(#5 of 10)

Yes, I picked it up last week, and finally got a chance to play through it. It is pretty good. You play Patrick Narracott, Fred's brother. Someone has to do the running around after all. There are 5 endings, but I've only gotten one so far. There is a way to see the original as Agatha intended, shown as a letter being written.

The only character change was the General. His name isn't MacArthur, it's MacKenzie.

I even got a paperback of the book, although it has The Adventure Company stamped onto the front and back. St. Martin's Minotaur published it. Perhaps it'll spur more people to read Christies!!

Missy Sweesy - 07:37am Dec 21, 2006 PST(#6 of 10)

I can't wait to get it, but I have to, until tax season. I'll post after I've played it.

Princess Lisa - 08:06am Dec 24, 2006 PST(#7 of 10)

I LOVE Agatha Christie games too sis (Lori Girard's my sister)! I like both And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express!

DeeGee - 03:36am Dec 25, 2006 PST(#8 of 10)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Have to be honest and didn't realise that these existed, now discovered them on EBAY so with a bit of luck I'll have some in the new year.

Lyndsie911 - 08:29am Oct 15, 2007 PST(#9 of 10)
Confetti! It's a parade! - Misha Collins

I've been playing And Then There Were None for a few days now, and I really enjoyed it. I finished it yesterday, Sunday, October 14th, 2007 (sorry, I want to get the memory fixed in my head), and even got to see the original ending in the book. The books culprit was actually the person I thought was the murderer in the game, but they switched some things around. Still, it was very amusing.

Missy Sweesy - 06:46pm Oct 15, 2007 PST(#10 of 10)

Yes, it was good. So is Murder on the Orient Express. A bit different than the book, and lots more to mess around with, but still a nice diversion. Poirot is in MotOE, but he's bedridden with a cold, so your character has to bring him information. :)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Christie Character Portrayals - Big Screen, The Tube and Radio  / Computer Games

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: