Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Genres and Themes  / Locations  /

Mysteries set in Maine

Hi everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions for mysteries set in Maine? I'll be travelling to Maine this fall and would love a mystery set there. Thanks :) --Jennie

Katarina Rundgren - 05:12pm Nov 5, 2000 PST(#1 of 6)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

Jennie,

I think that quite a few of Mary Higgins Clarke's books are set in Maine. Couldn't tell you which ones though, you'd have to go to the library or a bookstore and read the back of the covers.

I hope you'll have a great time in Maine. And if you find any mysteries you like that featured Maine please let us know. :-)

Pauline Fossill - 08:50pm Nov 22, 2000 PST(#2 of 6)

Katarina-Actually, I think Mary Higgins Clark's books are set mostly on Cape Cod-which is in Massachusetts. Leslie Meir's Lucy Stone series is set in Maine, and also there is another author whose books are set in Eastport, Maine, but I can't think of her name right now. If it comes to me, I'll let you know. One of the books is called Wicked Fix. Hope this helps!

Katarina Rundgren - 11:54pm Nov 24, 2000 PST(#3 of 6)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

Ack! You are right of course Pauline. Took a closer look at my US map and found two, tiny states I almost hadn't seen before. ;-)

Just kidding, thanks for telling me. I wonder why I had the idea some of her books are set in Maine. I'd start reading them all over again but I have this very tempting pile of all new books to dive into first. :-)

Fran Hinkel - 10:22am Nov 28, 2000 PST(#4 of 6)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Living in Maine, I can tell you that Gerry Boyle's books are dead on in describing Maine. Titles include Deadline, Bloodline (A Jack McMorrow Mystery), Gerry Boyle Potshot (A Jack McMorrow Mystery), Gerry Boyle Lifeline (A Jack McMorrow Mystery), Gerry Boyle Borderline.

McMorrow is a transplanted writer/reporter now living and working in Maine.

The author of Wicked Fix is Sarah Graves, but I have not read her series yet.

Fran Hinkel - 10:02am Apr 18, 2001 PST(#5 of 6)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Boyle's Deadline is now out in paperback! Check him out, he is good.

Jennifer Otte - 11:01am Jul 26, 2001 PST(#6 of 6)

J.S. Borthwick writes the Sarah Deane series set mostly in Maine and David A. Crossman has at least two Winston Crisp mysteries set on Penobscot Island. A. Carman Clark has one book called The Maine Mulch Murder and Donna Andrew's second book, Murder with Puffins, takes place on Monhegan Island. An older series of books for children by Mary C. Jane also frequently take place in Maine. I'm sure there are many more.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Genres and Themes  / Locations  / Mysteries set in Maine

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: