•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Mystery Parties  /

Hosting a Teenage Mystery

Peg Panter - 03:34pm Jan 20, 1998 PST

Hi, I'm new to all this. I attended an adult weekend Murder Mystery at a Bed and Breakfast and had a wonderful time. Everyone particapated and dressed in costume.

Now my teenage daughter wants me to write a mystery for her birthday. I have the setting "1950's sockhop" and the participants will include; cheerleader, jock, socialites (Muffy and Biff type), nerd, tuff guy, floozy, wallflower.

I was hoping that maybe someone would like to help me write it. Or give me some basic ideas on how to make it all happen. I guess what I'm asking for is HELP!

Thanks, Peg

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (42 previous messages)
Shelagh Macdonald - 12:50pm Aug 25, 2003 PST(#43 of 53)

Hi - I teach grade 4/5 (9 and 10 year olds). We will be doing a unit on Mysteries in October and I would love to throw a murder mystery luncheon for them. Does anyone know of where I could get one at a level suitable for this group? It can't be anything too violent or gory, as there are some religious restrictions at my school. Please send any info to mshelagh@hotmail.com thanks a bunch!

holly myers - 09:43am Sep 22, 2003 PST(#44 of 53)

hi! i'm a high school student and i'm creating a murder mystery game for a lock-in for one of my organizations. it will include about 20 planners and 40 other participants. it only needs to take up about an hour or two because we have other activities as well. if you have any good ideas, email me at peppychic67@msn.com.

skerritt kim - 02:02am Nov 10, 2003 PST(#45 of 53)

hi i'm a high school teacher and intend to get my students to create a murder mystery movie. If someone has a great idea could you please email me at angel@kooee.com.au

maddi sparks - 04:27am Dec 29, 2003 PST(#46 of 53)

Righto ladies and gents! how you all doing? i know you've heard it all before - there are about 50 other poeple who have posed the same question as i am about to: how do i create my own murder mystery / cludeo party! i'm turning 16 and thought hey let's do something awesome and this came to mind. i'm in much dilema! any help would be sincerly appreciated! i know that i want people dressed up like idiots and i want them roaming my house trying to figure out who dun it! i'm just not sure how to get the ball rolling! thanks guys and gals!

Jenner - 11:05am Dec 30, 2003 PST(#47 of 53)
A friend threatened to jump off a cliff, but I knew it was just a bluff. ;)

Being as uncreative as I am, I'd suggest buying a mystery party in a box first. Once you've got a few of those under your belt, it might be easier to create one yourself. But if you make one yourself, decide on the setting, clues, and characters and go wild!

sassi - 11:31am Dec 30, 2003 PST(#48 of 53)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Hi,

I have to agree with Jenner. I write home parties and until you've done a few, it's difficult to write one yourself and host.

Plus, if you write your own party, you won't be able to participate in the mystery. Buy a boxed set and play along - it'll be fun that way. :)

NancyD*wannabe - 06:57pm Jan 15, 2004 PST(#49 of 53)

Help!!!!!! I need someone to tell me how to create a good mystery for 1-2 people that is fun for twelve year olds.

sassi - 08:58pm Jan 15, 2004 PST(#50 of 53)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Nancy, 1-2 people for a mystery party? That'll never fly. The min. for a party is 6 and I'd personally never write one for less than 8.

What you are talking about is a book. Unless someone else has an idea? But what fun would it be for one person to do alone?

Eenie Meenie - 02:56pm Jan 27, 2004 PST(#51 of 53)

Can someone help me? I'm clueless! I'm 13 years old and want to plan a mystery birthday party. I found a kit on www.tailormademysteries.com but it was for all girls and I would like to at least INVITE two guys. If anyone has any ideas, I would like it to be for 8-12 people.

scarlet - 10:35am Jan 30, 2004 PST(#52 of 53)
Some days I just want to be a MISSING PERSON

Eenie, have you tried looking at a store? They have some nice ones prepackaged you can buy at places like Target and WalMart. Or perhaps you can chage the names of a couple of the girl parts to make them guy names. I am sure if you are flexible on the he/she in the written language of the script you can do it. Good luck

scarlet

Anna Banana - 09:00pm Dec 15, 2004 PST(#53 of 53)

Hey I am a 14 yr. old and for my Birthday, and my dad's (we did a comined thing) my mom and I wrote a mystery. All you have to do is make a problem (murder, theft.....) Then custom make characters or the people you invite! It didn't take that long! We looked for weeks to try to find a mystery in a box but couldn't find one that was appropriate for ages 16 down, just write your own, its really fun!!!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Mystery Parties  / Hosting a Teenage Mystery

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: