Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors P - R  /

Roberts, Gillian

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Gillian Roberts' series features Amanda Pepper, the Philadelphia English teacher who is always getting caught up in a crime. Whether she is in the classroom, on vacation, or just hanging out at home, she always finds time to solve a mystery.

Titles in order of their appearance are: Caught Dead in Philadelphia; Philly Stakes; I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia; With Friends Like These; How I Spent My Summer Vacation; In The Dead of Summer; The Mummer's Curse; The Bluest Blood and the soon-to-be-released Adam and Evil.

Veteran Roberts introduces a new sleuthing pair, Northern California's Emma Howe, middle-aged owner of a middling investigative firm, and Billie August, a young single mother whom Emma hires in Time and Trouble.

Please discuss this author's work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (2 previous messages)
Fran Hinkel - 09:13am May 19, 1999 PST(#3 of 14)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Originally posted by Carol Diemer -

If you are from the Philadelphia area and enjoy reading mysteries with some local color, then you will definitely enjoy Gillian Roberts and her Amanda Pepper series. I am in the middle of her latest, THE BLUEST BLOOD, and am definitely enjoying it.

Fran Hinkel - 09:39am May 19, 1999 PST(#4 of 14)

Originally posted by Dawn Dowdle -

Her main character is Amanda Pepper, a school teacher at a private high school. She is dating a cop. Now Gillian has written a new series. The first book is called Time and Trouble and has just come out. It is in my pile to be read. So I'll let you know what I think. The jacket sounded good.

Dawn Dowdle - 05:10am May 20, 1999 PST(#5 of 14)

She has a new Amanda Pepper book "Adam and Evil" I believe is the title. Either out now or real soon.

Brenda Maloney - 04:52pm May 20, 1999 PST(#6 of 14)

Dawn, I have to ask you aquestion. Are you in the book business? If not, where do you get all your great info? I read Ms Robert's book as soon as I can find them in paperback. Every so often I pull them out & reread them. They hold up as well. Not all books can be read over & over again. Thanx again for the info

Dawn Dowdle - 04:45am May 21, 1999 PST(#7 of 14)

No, I'm not in the books business. Just LOVE mysteries. I go to a site for forthcoming books regularly and run searches on Amazon now and then asking for mysteries published past a certain date so that I can see what new is coming out. Just try to keep my "ear to the ground."

Brenda Maloney - 03:33pm May 21, 1999 PST(#8 of 14)

Dawn, I'll have hunt down that site. I used to be in the "business" so I knew all the good stuff coming out. Who else do you read & what did you think of The Bluest Blood?

Dawn Dowdle - 08:19am May 24, 1999 PST(#9 of 14)

Brenda,

Here's the site: http://www.cvco.org/education/literature/hotmyst991.html

I don't remember LOTS from Bluest Blood but I liked it.

Who do I read. Here goes: Sue Grafton, Patricia Cornwell, Lou Jane Temple, Phillip Craig, K. K. Beck, Carole Berry, Christopher Newman, Ridley Pearson, Marsha Landreth, Graham Lundram (?), Joanne Pence, Tim Hemlin, Margaret Truman, Elliott Roosevelt, Karen Kijewski, Steve Allen, Claudia Bishop, Tamar Myers, Jessica Fletcher, Willard Scott, Neil Albert, Diane Mott Davidson, Bill Pomidor, Jaqueline Girdner, Kathleen Taylor, Camilla Crespi, and SOOO many more. I don't have my list with me. But this gives you a sampling. Oh yea and Jonnie Jacobs and Jill Churchill. Do you read any of these? Who do you like? Oh and Christine Green and Natasha Cooper -- the only 2 british authors I like).

Brenda Maloney - 05:55am May 25, 1999 PST(#10 of 14)

I read most of the same ones you do. But my all time favorite is Dick Francis. I have everything that has his name on it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've reread them.

Dawn Dowdle - 05:07am May 26, 1999 PST(#11 of 14)

Brenda,

Have you ever tried J. S. Borthwick. FABULOUS!

Brenda Maloney - 02:46pm Jun 12, 1999 PST(#12 of 14)

Boy, has it been a while since i've been on the net! You bet i've read borthwick. I agree they are great

Judy Torrence - 02:32pm Nov 10, 1999 PST(#13 of 14)

Time & trouble was my first Roberts. I liked it well enough to read all her others, and I liked them all.

Fran Hinkel - 07:55am Aug 8, 2001 PST(#14 of 14)

I just love these books! It may help that I was born and raised in Philly!!!!!!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors P - R  / Roberts, Gillian

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: