Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / The Books Characters  /

Mrs. Drew

Mrs.Drew; the real mystery woman. Here is the place to discuss her.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (472 previous messages)
Anna Christie - 06:18am Jul 12, 2009 PST(#473 of 482)
Who you choose to be around is a constant reminder of who you really are.

Oooh, that sounds really fun. I wish they would!

Yeah, I know we could still ignore it. I was just sayin'. What was "Confessions of a Teen Slueth"? I've never heard of it! Lol!

Green Hornet - 06:41pm Jul 13, 2009 PST(#474 of 482)
Oh, the huge manatee!

"Confessions" was made into a discussion in our books folder.

Anna Christie - 05:20am Jul 14, 2009 PST(#475 of 482)

Thanks, GH!

talor - 05:59pm May 26, 2010 PST(#476 of 482)
Nice to be back :)

I always think of Mrs. Drew as a sweet, kind and caring woman. I would love it if there was a book out there about her. :)

~/\~Nedsbaby~/\~ - 06:52pm Jul 10, 2010 PST(#477 of 482)
"I never really gave up on you, not really. I had always hoped."

We all would talor, it's a shame that they haven't written one about her yet. How dare they dangle a mystery right in front of our noses. "She died of a disease when Nancy was only three-years-old." *growls playfully at the ND writers*

TappingHeels - 08:22am Sep 9, 2010 PST(#478 of 482)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

As much as many fans would like to see a mystery surrounding the death of Nancy's mother, I don't believe that was ever the case. Mrs. Drew simply died as a younger woman as many did almost a century ago.

In 1930 when Nancy was introduced at age sixteen, her mother had died when Nancy was ten years old - then this was updated to age three which put her death around 1918 - possibly during the big flu pandemic that killed millions of people. It would put Nancy in an understandable situation - among many children who lost parents during the plague - and account for her maturity at sixteen after closely bonding to her father, a former DA and now criminal attorney.

Anna Christie - 12:44pm Sep 13, 2011 PST(#479 of 482)

You're probably right, TappingHeels. Very informative post. :)

~/\~Nedsbaby~/\~ - 10:30pm Jan 4, 2012 PST(#480 of 482)

I did not know that, thanks TappingHeels, that makes a lot more sense now. It would still be nice to know for sure what killed her, I mean, no it's not like they have to make a huge mystery about it (although, how cool would that be?) But they could tell us for sure what killed her, even if it was just the flu pandemic..

TappingHeels - 08:24pm Jan 8, 2012 PST(#481 of 482)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

Yes, I agree I would have been nice to know something specific. But instead it was left very vague. Maybe they decided to soft-pedal the death thing back in 1930 - kids didn't get a lot of explanations on certain subjects back then. Today we are pretty open over just about everything. By being vague and unspecified it allowed any reader that lost a mother at a young age to feel empathy for the character of Nancy Drew.

~/\~Nedsbaby~/\~ - 09:14pm Jan 10, 2012 PST(#482 of 482)

That's very true, and I can sympathize with Nancy now, although I lost my mother at a much later age than her. But still, at any age, that's a hard thing to go through. I definitely sympathize with her.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / The Books Characters  / Mrs. Drew