Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors J - L  /

King, Stephen

Stephen King Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Stephen King has had numerous short stories and novels published and movies have been created from his work. He is called the "Master of Horror". His books have been translated into 33 different languages and published in over 35 different countries.

His new novel, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is a 224-page read in which the main character is a 9-year-old girl who gets lost in the back woods of Maine. She copes with the situation by listening to Sox radio broadcasts, with Gordon as her make-believe friend.

Stephen King continues to live in Bangor, Maine with his wife where he writes out of his home.

Please discuss his work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (46 previous messages)
kirsten b - 05:15pm Oct 11, 2004 PST(#47 of 56)

The last of the Dark Tower books is out. I am over half way through. It is hard to put down. I am glad that the series is ending since I have been reading them for so long. But like an old friend, it will be sad to not have any more books to look for unless as forshadowed in this book, he may write about a few of the other characters.

Fran Hinkel - 07:36am Oct 23, 2004 PST(#48 of 56)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Looking forward to reading the last Dark Tower. I hope it doesn't disappoint me, since I felt like you did, Kirsten, about the direction of the last book.

kirsten b - 10:53am Oct 23, 2004 PST(#49 of 56)

I did finish the last book. I wasnt completely disapointed. I liked the ending for some, but for others it kind of left more questions.

Terri R. Adams - 10:58pm Mar 23, 2007 PST(#50 of 56)

So I am a day late and a dollar short as usual, but I am haunted by my disappointment in Stephen King and The Dark Towers. He did not like Roland and yet he made us love him. I was disappointed in The Wolves of Calla, and as I always had trouble putting his books down, I had trouble picking that one up. I actually forced myself to finish it. Song of Susanna, its been awhile, I still haven't finished it. He killed off the fantasy when he egotistically put himself in the story. Perhaps to some that seemed clever, but to me, he was just tired of Roland and friends and killed them off by taking our fantasy and our legend away and making it a personal and contemporary carthsis. Sorry Mr. King, I love you like a son, but I do think your anger has overshadowed your creativity and your readers' interest.

Fran Hinkel - 04:14am Jul 24, 2007 PST(#51 of 56)

He warned me to stop reading the final Dark Tower ending, but, of course, like most everyone I guess, I read on. I was sorry I did. I stuck with this series even though I found it plodding at times - sometimes I had a hard time getting through it. I had mixed feelings about him putting himself into the book. I have often felt that he was in a lot of his other books - using the character's name.

King has a habit of killing off a lot of likeable characters in his books and I find I am getting tired of that.

I used to impatiently wait for the newest King novel - I've lost that anticipation lately. I am currently reading Lisey's Story and I find I am lukewarm about it.

kirsten b - 04:59am Jul 24, 2007 PST(#52 of 56)

I gave up on SK. His last several books have been horrible. I think him getting hit by that car was the turning point. Since then nothing he has written is worth the paper its printed on. I'll stick with the few that I can reread like the talisman.

Fran Hinkel - 03:17am Jul 25, 2007 PST(#53 of 56)

Personally, I think he was losing it even before the accident.

I keep waiting for him to creep me out like he did in Salem's Lot and Pet Sematary, but it ain't happenin'!

Fran Hinkel - 01:38am Aug 14, 2008 PST(#54 of 56)

I am happy to say that I think King has gotten back to what he does best. I've been so disappointed in his recent books, but I found Duma Key to be more like his old stuff. For the first time in a long time, I found it hard to put down but then found myself going very slowly near the end because I didn't want it to end. There are some blood-chilling scenes, a la the old King. The end is heading where I don't want it to, but, that is King for you!

Amelia Lambert - 11:12am Jun 30, 2009 PST(#55 of 56)

I have recently starting reading Duma Key, however, I find it so hard to get into....the begining of this book is quite dry and I have to force myself to keep reading....I keep waiting for it to become the hauntingly interesting mystery like the 'Tommy knockers" and the "Amittyville Horror" I love SK's work and I recently finished reading a book he wrote under the alias of Richard Bachman entitled "Blaze" and while it is not his regular "paranormal" writing it was an absolutely consuming read I could not put this one down!

kirsten b - 01:56pm Jun 30, 2009 PST(#56 of 56)

I thought Duma Key was one of his better recent books. Some of the stuff since he had that accident has been unreadable.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors J - L  / King, Stephen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: