Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Ablow, Keith

I just began reading Ablow's "Psychopath". Although I am not traditionally interested in mysteries or psychological thrillers, this book is amazingly intense.

In the novel, Frank Clevenger, M.D., is a forensic psychiatrist tracking down Jonah Wrens, a serial killer psychopath. Wrens is more fascinating than Hannibal Lecter (admittingly, however, I only saw the movie). What's intruging is the way Ablow takes you inside the mind of the serial killer. Wrens is a brilliant psychiatrist who burrows into people's minds before taking their lives. He is both a gifted healer and an unpredictable killer. Clevenger, with a tainted background including addiction to gambling, drugs, and women, attempts to maintain a relationship with his own adopted kin, and handle the FBI who tell him to not interfere with the investigation.

I found out that Ablow, himself, is actually a real forensic psychiatrist. It leaves you wondering if the character he so intimately writes about are people he's encountered.

Please let me know if you've read any other Ablow, of if you're interested in discussing the books.

- Bjive -

Jenakelly - 11:54pm Jul 27, 2003 PST(#1 of 2)

Bjive,

I am actually reading Psycopath by Ablow as well. I agree with you that it is intriguing the way Jonas is both a healer and a killer. In many ways, I felt sympathy towards him.

The Frank Clevenger character was interesting as well. Reading about the relationship between him and his adopted son makes me want to pick up Ablow's other books, which feature Clevenger.

I would love to discuss the book with you or with anyone else who has read/is reading it.

Jenakelly

Fran Hinkel - 02:49pm Aug 9, 2004 PST(#2 of 2)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Murder Suicide: When brilliant inventor John Snow is shot with his own gun, forensic psychiatrist Dr. Frank Clevenger must discover whether his death was from suicide - or a killer's cold calculation.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Ablow, Keith

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: