Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Barnes, Linda

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Linda Barnes is an Anthony Award and American Mystery Award-winning writer. Her character, Carlotta Carlyle, is a private detective in Boston, who moonlights as a cabbie. Her characters are alive and interesting.

Please add your favorite Carlotta Carlyle mystery to the discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (9 previous messages)
Dashiell - 11:46am Oct 12, 1998 PST(#10 of 22)

Fran, yoou are such a sweetie. I love you in the interactive mysteries. Let's tell the truth now. Ms. Barnes is not any kind of a softie. She's easily mistaken for a Mills and Boon kind of writer, when you look at Spraggue. But then she got tough. Snap Shots is very good. Can we have, or perhaps there already is, a book starring Kate Holloway? I live in Thailand, so I'm not up on these things. Anybody who fancies a holiday in Thailand and is thinking of looking me up, should think twice, and ask Sunshine Girl for a reference.

Lisa Black - 03:30pm Feb 15, 1999 PST(#11 of 22)

I love the Carlotta Carlyle series and have read them all so far. I haven't read any of the Michael Spraggue books. What are they like, where are they set etc. Does anyone know when Ms Barnes will be releasing a new Carlotta book.

carole photopoulos - 11:06am Mar 10, 1999 PST(#12 of 22)

Has anyone heard that Linda Barnes was murdered? I was in Barnes's & Noble on-line & clicked on "read news about" & it brought up a headline but nothing else. What has happened to her? She is not being listed in the author's adresses anymore is she still living?

Barbara Wale - 01:15am Apr 21, 1999 PST(#13 of 22)

Carole,

When I read your posting, I checkded Barnes&Noble, Chapters, and author obituaries. No mention of Linda Barnes. Let's hope she is alive and well.

Janis Noonan - 01:52am Jun 7, 1999 PST(#14 of 22)

In Sept. 1999 A new Carlotta Carlyle comes out called Flashpoint.

Lindsay Franklin - 01:22pm Jul 30, 1999 PST(#15 of 22)

Does anyone know why Linda Barnes stopped writing the Michael Spraggue series?

Colin Ganio - 02:58pm Aug 5, 1999 PST(#16 of 22)

Answer to Lindsay P. question: "Does anyone know why Linda Barnes stopped writing the Michael Spraggue series?"

Hi Lindsay,

I read an interview with Linda Barnes where she said that one of the problems with her P.I., Michael Spraggue, is that he was an amateur who was doing detective work. The only believable way for him to get new cases was to have friends and acquaintances die off.

She said that the character developed "a subsequent depression" and it was just too much to deal with...

worm book - 11:23pm Apr 14, 2000 PST(#17 of 22)

I just read "Flashpoint" her new book. I absolutely recommend it!! 5***** at least.

Dawn Dowdle - 05:05am Apr 17, 2000 PST(#18 of 22)

Don't quote me, but I "believe" I just heard of a new one in this series. Anyone else heard of this?

JuniorMint - 01:25pm Nov 5, 2000 PST(#19 of 22)

"The Big Dig" was going to come out this month (November) but last I checked on amazon, it was pushed back to March. It's about Boston's Big Dig project. Also, I don't see that anyone has mentioned her website-- it's www.lindabarnes.com.

Atanua- 8^) - 06:08am Apr 4, 2001 PST(#20 of 22)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

I just finished my fist Linda Barnes book, Snapshot and it was great. Carlotta is a bright private detective. She keeps the reaser awake with the fresh way she guides you through the book. I'm gonna read more of this for sure!

DUANE ESALA - 08:09pm May 7, 2002 PST(#21 of 22)

"The Big Dig" will be out in October of 2002.

Fran Hinkel - 10:51am Mar 10, 2004 PST(#22 of 22)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Update:

Barnes' tenth novel is titled Deep Pockets.

Carlotta is reluctantly pulled into a case involving a blackmailed Harvard professor.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Barnes, Linda

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: