Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Baldacci, David

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

David Baldacci is a former trial and corporate lawyer who lives in Virginia with his wife and two children.

With his New York Times bestsellers, Absolute Power, Total Control and The Winner, Baldacci proved beyond a doubt that he can break new ground every time out. Please add your thoughts on this author's work.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1 previous message)
P Marlowe - 08:51pm Oct 7, 1998 PST(#2 of 13)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

Read "Absolute Power," couldn't put it down -- wow, what a premise. The movie wasn't even close.Am reading "The Winner" -- well I've read about 3 chapters -- but it hasn't held my interest so far as much as "Absolute ..."

Stacy Rose - 11:11am Oct 8, 1998 PST(#3 of 13)

I really, really like Baldacci's writing. I first read Absolute Power...couldn't put it down. When I then read Total Control, I felt like his writing just got better. The Winner was even better yet. I,too was diappointed with the movie version of Absolute Power - what? They couldn't kill off Clint Eastwood?? What immense deviation from the book! I'm looking forward to Baldacci's next!!

Ron Johnson - 03:35pm Dec 23, 1998 PST(#4 of 13)

We enjoyed Absolute Power as well as Total Control. We rented The Winner on audio book tape while on a trip and thought it to be the best of the first three. The villan is extrordinary and the heroine is so naive that it seems a miracle that she survived! Read it.

P Marlowe - 02:03pm Jan 2, 1999 PST(#5 of 13)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

Ron Johnson - thanks fo recommendation re: "The Winner." Got book last year from my book club, but put it aside. Will make it a point to read next.

Maud Gonne - 10:47am Dec 19, 1999 PST(#6 of 13)

I can't be the only person to have noticed that Absolute Power has exactly the same premise as Lawrence Block's The Burglar in the Closet, can I ?

B. Hebert - 08:44am Feb 2, 2000 PST(#7 of 13)

Looking for biographical in of David Baldacci and comments or rewiews on Simple Tru

cinjen - 07:01pm Feb 26, 2000 PST(#8 of 13)

I liked Absolute Power, Total Control, The Winner, and The Simple Truth. I didn't care for Saving Faith. It was okay but I was expecting better.

Karen Salmon - 04:23am Apr 20, 2000 PST(#9 of 13)

I have read all of David Baldacci's books. I have not been disappointed. I have just finished 'Saving Faith' and found it addictive. I couldn't put it down. However, my favourite has to be 'The Winner'. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Darlene Cowley - 03:03pm Jul 3, 2000 PST(#10 of 13)

So far, I think that my favorite of Baldacci's books is The Winner. I really have to watch myself when I get one of his books, no one eats or gets clean clothes until I'm through!!

LH Sanders - 01:14pm Nov 6, 2000 PST(#11 of 13)
Guest User

If you enjoyed "Absolute Power," or "The Simple Truth," I highly recommend reading, "Company Confidential," by Tom McCrory. This graphic, hard-boiled suspense-thriller was awarded the 2000 Gold Medal Award for Best Myster/Thriller by the Southern Writers Guild.

Anna Bridges - 07:23pm Jul 20, 2003 PST(#12 of 13)

I have read all of Baldacci's books, except his latest, which I just ordered. "The Winner" was superb. A lot of people said it didn't hold their interest in the beginning--stick with it!! You won't be disappointed!

Fran Hinkel - 06:12am Apr 11, 2008 PST(#13 of 13)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Coming in April, 2008, Baldacci's latest The Whole Truth a thriller unlike any he's written before. "Matt" is Mathew Pender, of Pender Associates--a shadowy organization that specializes in managing seemingly impossible situations for its clients. Sometimes, those services extend to managing--and creating--armed conflict. When Matt Pender is asked by his client--the largest defense contractor in the world--to manipulate two nations against each other, a shocking and surprising series of events are set in motion that will possibly bring the world to the brink of World War III.*

In this epic thriller with a global backdrop, David Baldacci delivers all the twists and turns, compelling characters, and can't-put-it-down pacing that readers have come to expect from this master storyteller.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Baldacci, David

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: