Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Alexander, Bruce

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Alexander's Sir John Fielding novels aren't as well known as Anne Perry's historical mysteries, but they soon may be. Set in 1770s London, the stories are cleverly plotted, rich in historical ambience, and written with flair and a keen eye for detail.

The blind Sir John is a skilled investigator and respected magistrate and the stories are narrated by Sir John's teenage protege, Jeremy Proctor.

Titles include: Death of a Colonial; Person or Persons Unknown; Jack, Knave and Fool; Murder in Grub Street; Blind Justice and Watery Grave.

Please discuss this author's work below.

Fran Hinkel - 11:41am Jan 19, 2000 PST(#1 of 2)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Originally posted by Marilyn

I am new to this website and have found it to be a nice place to visit for a mystery lover who has been at it for a long time. There is one author of historical mystery I have discovered in the last few years named Bruce Alexander. His main historical character is the "Blind Beak", Sir John Fielding, founder of the Bow Street Runners of London's first police force. These books are alltold through the eyes of a young man he has taken into his home.. "Blind Justice" was the first book. Has anyone else read these books?

jmpruett - 04:11pm Feb 9, 2000 PST(#2 of 2)

I have jus discovered the Fielding books. I read the first and have ordered the rest. I think they are great. I have never been able to get into Anne Perry's books for some reason even though I like historical. I can't wait to catch up on my Fielding books.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Alexander, Bruce

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: