Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Barnard, Robert

Robert Barnard Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Barnard writes a series featuring Charlie Peace and his boss, detective superintendent Mike Oddie. Among the many titles are: A Murder in Mayfair; A Scandal in Belgravia; Fete Fatale; and Corpse in a Gilded Cage. Please discuss his work below.

Linda Wing - 03:40pm Jan 22, 2001 PST(#1 of 4)

I have read many of his books and enjoyed them all. I agree that somethings always a little off. He is one author that I'm always sure I will like the book just because he wrote it

Valerie Zalewski - 08:54am Dec 5, 2004 PST(#2 of 4)

Hi, Ive just finished re-reading the Charlie Peace series. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed them. I agree that he is really a very enjoyable author.

Lasso - 06:04pm Aug 26, 2012 PST(#3 of 4)
If growing up is the process of creating ideas and dreams about what life should be, then maturity is letting go again.

I heard that anyone who is a fan of the traditional British murder mystery, in the fashion of Agatha Christie, would enjoy this author.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and recommend buying a book?

Rik Shepherd - 03:29pm Aug 27, 2012 PST(#4 of 4)
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise (Margaret Atwood)

Barnard's characters are possibly a little more developed than Christie's, and his plots and settings are more modern (well, obviously...) but as far as I can remember he plays fair with the reader.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Barnard, Robert

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: