Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  /

Carvic, Heron (Miss Seton series)

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Heron Carvic's Miss Seeton mysteries are a funny blend of cozy and police procedural, sometimes with a spot of international intrigue thrown in. Sounds like Mrs. Polifax, but it's very different. After Carvic died, Hamilton Crane took over the series.

- 12:12am Sep 12, 1997 PST(#1 of 6) Delete Message

Re: Miss Seeton, no kiddin about going to heck with the new authors. One of them (I can't remember if it was Hampton Charles or Hamilton Crane, they both were GAK) got so caught up in Miss Seeton's lovable dithering that one couldn't even read it. To bad there weren't more of the Carvic's they were perfect for a light amusing read.

I still think Dorothy Sayers is one of the most intellegent mystery writers. Try the Judge Dee books for intellegence also Reginald Hill.

I think Charlotte McLeod writes with a tremendous amount of intellegence, another may think her books just fun.

Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody series are written with a lot of intellegence, her others a little lighter.

I also have read so many I have a hard time finding books that satisfy, the "new" writers just don't seem to have it. Whatever "it" is/was.

Sarah Fish - 09:12pm Nov 19, 1997 PST(#2 of 6)

I agree Heron Carvic's Miss Seton was the best. Which one wrote Miss Seton Sings? That one had a laugh-out-loud scene I will never forget.

Sara Whiteside - 04:46pm Sep 7, 1998 PST(#3 of 6)

I have every Miss Seeton Book ever written and have enjoyed some more than others. I enjoy reading lighter mysteries as I have found these to be. But I agree, Sarah Jill Mason, who has written the last books, has caught the essence of the character better than the middle author, whomever he or she was. But, then, if that person had not written them, we may not have had the character, so we just make do.

J. Davis - 01:58pm Jun 25, 1999 PST(#4 of 6)

I had the unfortunate experience of reading Miss Seeton at the Helm written by the first author who tried to perpetuate the Miss Seeton series. Herron Carvic would NEVER allow the Oracle to do what he did in this book. Miss Seeton appears more worldly wise and hands over her drawings without a wimper. Unbelievable. I have all six of the original Miss Seeton mysteries and will reread them from time to time.

Carvic Barrera - 07:18am Nov 6, 1999 PST(#5 of 6)

my first name is Carvic!!

Linda Wing - 07:30pm Dec 12, 2000 PST(#6 of 6)

AS someone who has recently discovered Miss Seeton,I must say I love the books. The idea of this elderly lady going around not knowing the havoc she is creating is great. The "brolly" as the ultimate weapon is just too funy.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  / Carvic, Heron (Miss Seton series)

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: