Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  /

Cody, Liza

0 0
To Buy Books
by this Author

Shop for Books
Shop for Books
Keywords:

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Barnes&Noble.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
  Browse authors and genres
  Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Liza Cody writes two popular series. The first features critically acclaimed female professional wrestler-cum-sleuth, Eva Wylie. Titles include: Musclebound; Monkey Wrench and Bucket Nut.

The second series features Anna Lee, a private eye based in a believable contemporary London. Titles are: Dupe; Bad Company; Stalker; Head Case; Rift; Under Contract and Backhand.

Please add to this discussion!

Dashiell - 04:49am Oct 19, 1998 PST(#1 of 10)

I love Lisa Cody, but how do you expect me to start a discussion about her? Hey, you guys out there, have you ever read Lisa Cody? If not, your life sucks! Respond, please.

Lesa - 08:49am Oct 22, 1998 PST(#2 of 10)

I have never read a Lisa Cody book. Please tell me a little about her and books. Which do I start with? I am always interested in author I have never heard of.

Katarina Rundgren - 01:21am Jan 30, 1999 PST(#3 of 10)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

I've read a few of Liza Cody's books. I liked them a lot, but she is very difficult to find here in Sweden, even in England I had a hard time finding books by her. I'll try to recommend some of the ones I've read.

Katarina Rundgren - 01:22am Jan 30, 1999 PST(#4 of 10)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

Backhand Anna Lee, Private Investigator at Brierly Security, is stifled by their mean-minded respectability. She is now merely a saleswoman of burglar alarms with no gaps in her diary for any surprises. Until, that is, she meets an American client, Lara Crowther, for a game of tennis. Lara employs Anna to trace some missing knitwear - and then the missing daughter of its designer.

The tangled skein has loose ends both sides of the Atlantic and Anna, glad to leave the muddle of her own life in London, finds herself in Florida, playing a dangerous game whose rules she does not know, and where, under the glitter and the suntans, evil intent flourishes.

I don't know how that description strikes you, but I liked this one

Lisa Black - 03:37pm Feb 15, 1999 PST(#5 of 10)

Liza Cody is great. I have read four of her Anna Lee books. Dupe, Stalker, Headcase and Backhand. Are there any others? I didn't enjoy Bucketnut as much as these four.

Charlotte Hagstrom - 02:41pm Jul 5, 1999 PST(#6 of 10)

I prefer the ones with Eva Wylie. Anyone who's read the latest, Monkey Wrench (I think)?

Godfrey - 05:58pm Jul 5, 1999 PST(#7 of 10)

Liza - "Under Contract" is another Anna Lee mystery. I also did not care for "Bucketnut".

Nance - 07:21pm Jan 9, 2000 PST(#8 of 10)

Hi Liza Cody fans:

For "Anna Lee" fans, did you know there was a series done in England in the early 90s starring Imogen Stubb. It was shown on A&E. That's how I got hook on the "Anna Lee" series. There are differences between book and series, but both were very enjoyable.

Have not read any of the Eva Wylie series yet, but I have couple of the books.

Later, Nance

Rik Shepherd. - 01:11am Jan 10, 2000 PST(#9 of 10)
Never hire a ferret to do a weasel's job

Nance - I read at another site that one of the reasons Liza Cody started concentrating on the Wylie series (in which Anna Lee plays a minor but regular role) was her dissatifaction with the Anna Lee TV series. I didn't think they were that bad, but I can see how the author of the books would hate the TV adaptation.

Nance - 10:36pm Jan 21, 2000 PST(#10 of 10)

Rik: Really? That's too bad. Of course, a writer is never satisfy with what others do with their creations. I hope she goes back and write more Anna Lee mysteries. In my case, if it wasn't for the TV series I wouldn't have read her mysteries at all. Oh, well, I like them both and do see them and appreciate each in their own way.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  / Cody, Liza

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: