•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  /

Mystery Writing Workshop

Hi everyone

I'm new to the list. I wanted to start by letting folks know about a mystery writing workshop being offered online. It's "Writing Mysteries and Thrillers: An Online Caper Committed by Carla Coupe, on the web, with a laptop.'"

It's at www.inkberry.org/onlineworkshops.html

Cheers,

Lilith

Laura Carlson - 06:47am May 14, 2004 PST(#1 of 5)

The Antioch Writers’ Workshop, July 10 - 16, 2004, can help you take your mystery writing to the next level.

This summer, our workshop faculty features two mystery authors, both of whom began as workshop participants:

Kathy Hogan Trocheck (aka Mary Kay Andrews), whose Savannah Blues was nominated for the Edgar Award in 2003, first came to the Antioch Writers’ Workshop in 1993, where she met and studied with Sue Grafton. Since that time, she has published 12 novels, including eight Callahan Garrity mysteries. Her 13th novel, Hissy Fit, will be published in August 2004.

Sharon Short also started her mystery-writing career at the Antioch Writers’ Workshop, and the second novel in her Josie Toadfern mystery series, Death by Deep Dish Pie, will be published in July 2004.

Participants will have the opportunity to workshop their mystery manuscript in a one- week mystery intensive session, and one-on- one manuscript consultations with either Kathy or Sharon are still available.

More information about the program, located in Yellow Springs, OH, is available on the Web at www.AntiochWritersWorkshop.com.

defective_detective - 02:17pm Jul 28, 2004 PST(#2 of 5)

sounds good 2 me, I'll look @ it

Melody Brunsting - 12:38pm Sep 8, 2004 PST(#3 of 5)

ERLE STANLEY GARDNER MYSTERY WRITING CONTEST AND MYSTERY WEEKEND - November 6 and 7, 2004 in Old Town Temecula. Writing Contest open to youth and adults with cash prizes. Mystery solving contest and Perry Mason Episodes acted out on the streets. Mystery writing and publishing workshops all are free. visit www.temeculacalifornia.com for rules, etc.

MysteryGirl13 - 11:17am Oct 7, 2004 PST(#4 of 5)

I love writing Mysteries! I live in michagain. Can anybody give me info about a writing contest or anything? I would love the advice! My e-mail adress is cynste2@aol.com. Tnanks!

Joanne Pence - 04:25pm Jan 2, 2005 PST(#5 of 5)

Here's info about a mystery conference AND mystery writing contest:

Murder in the Grove's "Death on Demand" Conference with Guest of Honor Pulitzer Prize-nominee Carolyn Hart will be held June 10-11, 2005, at the Boise Center on the Grove in Boise, Idaho. Author panels and workshops on the craft of writing will be held, plus one-on-one and group appointments with agents and editors.

The early registration cost of $100 (April 30, 2005, cutoff) includes all workshops and panels, a book fair, dessert party, luncheon, and Saturday night reception and entertainment. Agent and editor appointments, including manuscript reviews, are additional. Special rates for conference participants will be available at the Grove Hotel.

Visit www.murderinthegrove.com for more info.

Also, a writing contest for unpublished mystery writers is connected with the conference, but you do NOT need to attend to win. See the above web site and click on "Contest" for more info.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mystery Writing Workshop

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: