Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Assorted Tidbits and Trivia  /

New magazine

There is a new magazine, only for people in the UK, and it's from Chlorion. https://www.thepoirotcollection.co.uk/

DeeGee - 08:58am Jan 15, 2006 PST(#1 of 7)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

I sw this advertised. It comes shortly after the complete collection of Christie's crime writing. (Which I got)

If the collection had been all of the characters, Poirot and especially Miss Marple I would probably have followed on with this, But just having Poirot means...to me at least, that theres something missing.

Di.

Pamela Watson - 09:04am Jul 27, 2006 PST(#2 of 7)
YourMysterySeries.com - Read ongoing mystery series & solve the crime!

I would agree - - I've always enoyed the Marple stories. I haven't sided one way or the other (between Marple or Poirot) but, I believe Marple is a requirement.

DeeGee - 11:17am Jul 27, 2006 PST(#3 of 7)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

There is also the thought that I can't help thinking that it's just money maker, and before long, we'll have to 'Complete' Marple series, entwined with the new stuff that they seem intent in telling us has just been updated rather than completely rewritten.

Fran Hinkel - 01:57am Aug 17, 2008 PST(#4 of 7)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

They're rewriting Christie??!! Oh no! Granted, I have not read her in a long time, although I have tons of her books, but I can't imagine them changing in any way. I can't think of a good reason for it.

Missy Sweesy - 06:43am Aug 18, 2008 PST(#5 of 7)
Life has a way of finding you, no matter how artistic a sneak you are.---Keeper proverb---Thief: The Dark Project.

Matthew is trying to make money, so he's let "Them" do whatever they want. In the new Marples, they've given Miss Marple a beau shot in the war years ago (and she gets all weepy about it from what I remember). They've changed killers (I think), and they've changed genders of characters. They've also put Marple in Ordeal By Innocence, The Sittaford Mystery, By the Pricking (She FORCES Tommy and Tuppence to find Aunt Ada's murderer!!) and Towards Zero!!!!

So one can only imagine what they'll do with the printed page :(

Can you tell this bothers me just a smidge??

DeeGee - 08:47am Aug 18, 2008 PST(#6 of 7)

Just a bit...

Some things I honestly don't mind... but some things, lately especially changes of who the actual murderer is and for want of a better word "s3xing" it up drive me to distraction...

Fran Hinkel - 03:39am Jul 10, 2009 PST(#7 of 7)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I would definitely have to bypass these. I don't like the sounds of them whatsoever.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Assorted Tidbits and Trivia  / New magazine

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: