Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Assorted Tidbits and Trivia  /

Agatha Christie Menu - Dinner party

I wonder if anyone can give me some suggestions please. I am going to host a dinner party for friends. My theme is Agatha Christie. I need some suggestions for food to serve - I need a starter, main course and dessert. I have looked in my Agatha Christie novels for inspiration but so far I haven't really got anywhere. I have decided to serve cocktails when they arrive and would maybe like the setting to be the 1920's/30's.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Lasso - 10:17am May 6, 2010 PST(#1 of 4)
If growing up is the process of creating ideas and dreams about what life should be, then maturity is letting go again.

Hmm you can try a classic English roast as a main course. Be sure to include sage and onion stuffing!

What a fun idea!

DeeGee - 10:55am May 8, 2010 PST(#2 of 4)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Trfle with Hundreds and Thousands.

DeeGee - 10:55am May 8, 2010 PST(#3 of 4)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

that should be Trifle :o)

Barbara Bassett - 02:53pm Jun 26, 2012 PST(#4 of 4)
(pseudonym of B.L.McAllister)

By now the dinner has long since been thoroughly digested, but the idea is a good one, so let's see: one item that comes to mind is "seed cake." (As far as I can tell, the seeds are poppy, but could be caraway: research may be needed.) If dinner can include breakfast items, steak and kidneys, or kippers. Marmalade,of course. And Poirot has boiled eggs, though all must be of the same size. So far, this is merely off the top of my (bald---I'm using a pseudonym) head, but a good many food items receive passing mention, and if anybody is still interested, I'll watch for some of them. (Oh, and "sirop"!)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Agatha Christie  / Assorted Tidbits and Trivia  / Agatha Christie Menu - Dinner party

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: