•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  /

Parent/Caregiver Forum

Since we have some brand new MysteryNetters (the tiny kind) with more expected, and so many of us have kids, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to scream, boast or talk about development of our favorite people - kids! Parenting is a hard job and we've all been new to it at one time or another, so don't be afraid to post questions or give advice. Please remember to keep others' feelings utmost in our advice. Hope you find this useful.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1014 previous messages)
DeeGee - 10:57am Jun 19, 2013 PST(#1015 of 1024)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

(((Ruby)))

Fran Hinkel - 09:08am Jun 20, 2013 PST(#1016 of 1024)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

You are both in my prayers, Ruby.

rubyj - 08:54pm Jun 21, 2013 PST(#1017 of 1024)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I thank you for your prayers. I am getting weary, trying to sleep in Mom's bed on about 1 1/2 foot of space. I have gotten her to eat a little bit more & she took some M.O.M. again today & eureka, finally a BM, which is a big deal. I am going to try to stay in my room tonight, as my neck/back are hurting. May think of getting a baby monitor or something, but I would never sleep again because her TV is on 24/7. I saw a phone that has an emergency thing like life alert. Or just get new batteries for my phones which have an intercom.

Also, still fighting fleas. It has got to be from the neighbors who have multiple dogs & not much I can do about that. I've used powders, drops/powder on the 2 cats, sprays [2 kinds now] and put stuff out around the house. This is getting old. If I have to spray the yard, and it is big, that costs a lot & there is no way to keep all the stray cats off it.

kirsten b - 10:35am Nov 17, 2014 PST(#1018 of 1024)

Checked on the neighbor yesterday. She has these bug bite looking things all over her legs. She got them about 2 weeks ago when she went to the hospital (again.) She says they itch. She cant figure out what they are. If she still had animals I would say fleas, but even those go away after a few days. These things look like they just happened. Anyone hear of getting shingles or something like that just on your legs?

rubyj - 11:47pm Nov 30, 2014 PST(#1019 of 1024)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

Not in that many areas, does sound like bug bites.

kirsten b - 01:57pm Dec 1, 2014 PST(#1020 of 1024)

She is feeling better. Not sure what the doctor told her, but he did give her a few shots and some stronger meds

Fran Hinkel - 09:14am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#1021 of 1024)

I think shingles are more painful than itchy. I wonder if they used any kind of antiseptic or something like that, on her legs when she was in the hospital. Bill is allergic to the stuff they put on you before a surgery. This was really bad because he had a cast on also and had to get the cast removed, it was that bad.

rubyj - 12:20am Dec 3, 2014 PST(#1022 of 1024)

Glad she got some help and is better...when I get bites now, no matter the bug, it get very red and sometimes leaves a permanent mark. Getting old sure makes the skin fragile.

Fran Hinkel - 10:18am Jan 12, 2015 PST(#1023 of 1024)

Tell me about it. If I even look sharply at my hands, the skin tears off, haha.

rubyj - 12:55am Jan 15, 2015 PST(#1024 of 1024)

I now get those lovely red/almost black marks when I bump into things. Mom has a skin tear on the top of her foot that is taking a long time to heal...no idea how it even happened, nurse recommended leaving the bandage on for several days before changing & that seems to be working.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  / Parent/Caregiver Forum

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: